New Chthon Boss Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chthon Boss Idea

As much as I love Quake, I can't help but feel the first boss is too easy. (Even for a first boss) So, I came up with an idea to turn the "House of Chthon" boss battle into a multi-stage boss encounter.

First Stage
    -When the Rune is collected, Chthon spawns like normal. However, a set of three Zombies will spawn on either side of the bottom floor. At the same time, three Scrags spawn above.
    -Completing this stage is identical to killing Chthon normally: Hit the switches that lower each pillar, then step on the switch that shocks him. Repeat this step two more times on Normal, Hard and Nightmare.
    -It should be noted that the first two times you shock Chthon on Hard and Nightmare difficulty, the monsters you've killed will respawn.

Second Stage
    -Upon completing the First Stage of the boss battle, a short cutscene showing Chthon will play. Chthon will let loose a tremendous roar and a health bar will appear on the side of the screen.
    -An ogre will spawn on each side of the bottom floor every two minutes. (On Hard/Nightmare)
    -The player must survive the onslaught of enemies long enough to bring Chthon's health bar down to zero. Once this has been accomplished, Chthon will fall into the lava. Any remaining monsters will die...

Feel free to leave any feedback or comments if you have any.
    Last edited by StrangeMinion; 01-06-2013, 03:00 PM.

one thing i never liked about quake was the boss fights. the one thing about the shub fight was you were not fighting shub, YOU WERE FIGHTING AN MOB OF SHAMBLERS AND VORES, and thats BULLSHIT. its called a "boss" fight, so you should fight the BOSS, not a bunch of random normal monsters. i think adding regular monsters to the chthon fight would be a bad idea.

instead, add a health bar as you suggested, but maybe as you lower the health bar, chthon begins to use new attacks, or move around the lava pool. after you knock out its health, you have to use the electric pillar trick to finish it.

imo, ADDING MONSTERS TO BOSSES=BULLSHIT
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Hello StrangeMinion & syluxman2803,

It is almost unbelievable, but exactly what you described has been done recently by ezzetabi:
      click me

The mod is called "IQ reprised". ezzetabi used Entarīs IQ-mod as base and developed it further.

"IQ reprised" changes the chton fight in what you described:
      - chton has a health-bar and is "killable"
      - the map spawns additional monsters like wizards/knights, etc...

Have fun,
      Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

It is almost unbelievable, but exactly what you described has been done recently by ezzetabi:
        click me

The mod is called "IQ reprised". ezzetabi used Entarīs IQ-mod as base and developed it further.

Have fun,
        Seven
        Holy shit. Really? I had no idea...

Honestly, I think I'll go play that later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

click me

Have fun,
          Seven
          What a funny, yet shocking coincidence! It's kinda like winning the lottery... The big boss has a health bar and the map spawns many monsters. Wow!
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I made the Chthon battle have the mini-lavamen from the mission packs appear on Nightmare. It made the map play exactly like that lmao.
            This was years back, I should do it again.

Comment

You should make chtons lava balls like the vore spikes.
              Those homing lava balls would raise the difficulty and make chton finally a better opponent.
              Fuck realism. Homing lava balls are big fun !
              There are more than enough walls and piles to hide.

Comment

Working...
              X