malware on arachnophobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malware on arachnophobia

i cant access seven's spider mod with chrome, because apparently it is detecting malware there. it could be an ad or my browser, but i figure its worth a mention.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Because there is a "Link" to a site with shady ads, the hosting provider that is being pushed in the post is why.
    false positive , im on chrome and I have refreshed that download page many times. nothings happens of consequence or warning

Chrome+Avast+AdBlock+PeerBlock
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

here is something that may help you prevent this type of thing from happening while browsing or clicking links, browser recommendation, Ice Dragon browser with the secure dns enabled to prevent malware, also this browser uses the same addons as firefox which is another browser I recommend except it uses alot of resources to run, get the add-on called adblock plus and use fanboys list and easy list, they are easy to manage you can also add your own and block certain content.. If you think you are infected with malware or spyware already I recommend superantispyware, or malwarebytes.. spybot is good at finding stuff that these don't and those are good for finding things that spybot doesn't, spybot is free and has preventative measures in it but also a resource hog, the other 2 are freeware or you can buy them for pro features which keep you protected from downloading any malware or spyware, also another add-on that works with hijackthis software is Malware Search 0.9.4... another good plug-in for firefox or icedragon is fb phishing protector 4.3 - this blocks scripts that are ran on facebook that are meant to hijack your account or take over some parts of it, it blocks things my antivirus, anti spyware, and others didn't detect.. It may work on other sites as well. I wish you luck, and false positives for malware or trojans or viruses exist, I am glad you asked this question instead of taking a risk. I will post the link to comodo's Ice Dragon Browser - it works just like firefox except much faster, I have been using it recently the only problem I have ran into was playing certain adobe flash type games eg. zynga games on facebook, they run very slow, and crash from time to time, other than that the browser is solid. Comodo IceDragon Internet Browser, Secure Internet Browser <- im sure the site can tell you more than me, also the about:config option works like firefox for opening up and setting values and etc.. Hopefully some of this is useful to you.

Comment

That's a really good post ^
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
          here is something that may help you prevent this type of thing from happening while browsing or clicking links, browser recommendation, ice dragon browser with the secure dns enabled to prevent malware, also this browser uses the same addons as firefox which is another browser i recommend except it uses alot of resources to run, get the add-on called adblock plus and use fanboys list and easy list, they are easy to manage you can also add your own and block certain content..

If you think you are infected with malware or spyware already i recommend superantispyware, or malwarebytes.. Spybot is good at finding stuff that these don't and those are good for finding things that spybot doesn't, spybot is free and has preventative measures in it but also a resource hog, the other 2 are freeware or you can buy them for pro features which keep you protected from downloading any malware or spyware, also another add-on that works with hijackthis software is malware search 0.9.4...

Another good plug-in for firefox or icedragon is fb phishing protector 4.3 - this blocks scripts that are ran on facebook that are meant to hijack your account or take over some parts of it, it blocks things my antivirus, anti spyware, and others didn't detect.. It may work on other sites as well.

I wish you luck, and false positives for malware or trojans or viruses exist, i am glad you asked this question instead of taking a risk. I will post the link to comodo's ice dragon browser - it works just like firefox except much faster, i have been using it recently the only problem i have ran into was playing certain adobe flash type games eg. Zynga games on facebook, they run very slow, and crash from time to time, other than that the browser is solid.

comodo icedragon internet browser, secure internet browser <- im sure the site can tell you more than me, also the about:config option works like firefox for opening up and setting values and etc.. Hopefully some of this is useful to you.
          ehe
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i already have adblock enabled, so i dont know what its blocking.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

People browse WWW
              Those same people discover a legit website,but has shitty Ad/Mal laced advertising.
              Legit website gets labeled "Malicious or Risque"

ETC ETC

Blame the "Sheeples" of the internet or blame the shady advertising company's.

Avast does the same pre-submitted type "listings" etc. I however do not even bother, 9 times out of 10 I kick "continue anyway" haha.

Comment

Ouch,
                I am more than sorry about it. I just logged in and saw this thread here...
                I am sorry if that spider thread gives someone trouble...

The download link links to the well known "quaketastic" page from Spirit.
                And the screenshots links link to the page I always use for screenshots.
                And there are the youtube links... well, to youtube.

If that thread is doing harm to quakeone, please delete it at once.
                I never meant to do any harm to anyone.
                In my browser, there are no such ads showing up

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  Ouch,
                  I am more than sorry about it. I just logged in and saw this thread here...
                  I am sorry if that spider thread gives someone trouble...

The download link links to the well known "quaketastic" page from Spirit.
                  And the screenshots links link to the page I always use for screenshots.
                  And there are the youtube links... well, to youtube.

If that thread is doing harm to quakeone, please delete it at once.
                  I never meant to do any harm to anyone.
                  In my browser, there are no such ads showing up
                  no one is being "HARMED" and it was not even your links causing the trouble.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X