Help with user control panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with user control panel

I'm registered, already posted on threads, but can't edit my profile info, my picture and many other things. I get this message:

"vBulletin Message
    adib, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Already sent an e-mail to administrator, thru "contact us", but no answer. Where's this guy? Can anyone help?

I think there's a certain number of post's you need to reach before you can edit those things, at least that's how it was for me HTH - damage_
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Thanks, nice to know. Don't know if it's clear enough for new members though.

Comment

I found this, searching for this: "edit user profile"

"You need at least 10 posts in order to modify your profile - thanks to the spammers I implemented this restriction." - Solecord

It's not clear, I just knew from other forums that that was probably it.
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Oops. I could have found it with a simple search. Still think it should be made more clear to new members, though. Or maybe it was and I just missed it. Anyway, let's just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
            I found this, searching for this: "edit user profile"

"You need at least 10 posts in order to modify your profile - thanks to the spammers I implemented this restriction." - Solecord

It's not clear, I just knew from other forums that that was probably it.
            i ave more than 10 posts and cant do anything, whats going on?

Comment

I'll talk to Sole about possible ways of making it more apparent or something. This isn't the first post created with this theme, won't be the last. Maybe there is room for improvements.

From what I remember 10 posts are needed to edit your profile.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                I'll talk to Sole about possible ways of making it more apparent or something. This isn't the first post created with this theme, won't be the last. Maybe there is room for improvements.

From what I remember 10 posts are needed to edit your profile.
                yep 10 posts.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I'll be posting an FAQ or Rules or a sticky post about it ... or something...

Comment

Just change my username to "You need 10 posts to edit your profile" and then it will be right there on the Google search result.

Looks like Amon made the search results too. GJ!
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM.
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

answered my qwerstion.. making post no 11 right now. hopefully I can add a profile pic soon

Comment

Well it says on user cp I have 14 new posts,but does that mean my actual posts or are replies included in that? If 14 posts is true,than why can't I edit my profile?

Comment

you have 6 posts
                          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

those are unread new posts, in various posts.
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I don't remember this being an issue when I was here previously, but understandably, times change. Guess I just need to lurk a little less...
                              Intelligence is knowing that there is an 'i' in "community".
                              Wisdom is knowing that there is no 'i' in "community".

Comment

Working...
                              X