Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Polished Quake Axe?

Hey guys,

Someone posted a screenshot of an awesome looking silver shiny quake axe. It was obviously a retexture and i was hoping to find it and use it. I cant seem to find the post though? Does anyone remember this or have these textures?

thanks,

QuakeWorld GFX - Textures / Weapon / Encrusted Axe

this one?

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

yes! that is the one! thanks LL. I am going to try it out and see if it works in QRACK/DP/E-X

Comment

It was me! And yes, it works great with QRack.

Comment

naustic how did you get it to work with Qrack? I tossed the 2 textures into my \ID1\Textures folder and it still shows the old bloody axe.

I also couldnt get it working with DP either...

I fail at making engines and graphics work. I can never get anything to look like it is suppose to lol.

Comment

Try putting them in the progs folder
            Another is to rename them like Darkplaces. I never used the engine you are talking about but try renaming them to v_axe.mdl_0.tga and see if that works (if putting in the progs folder doesn't - and the renamed file would go in progs folder too)

Comment

cool i got it working. Thanks oppee.

How do you get this axe texture to show when using 3rd POV? If you switch to 3rd person, or i imagine, if you are looking at other people holding an axe, you get the old bloody axe. Is that part of the player model w/holding axe?

Comment

A bit to shiny in my opinion. Should have a little used look and maybe some blood on it then it would look even nicer.

Comment

Hello Disco,

glad you found the meele weapon of your choice
                  And now that you are at gfx.quakeworld.nu, take your time and walk around this site.
                  Maybe you find something else you like.
                  Come back here to this forum if you have problems implementing it.
                  The wonderful guys here will help you within 12 hours

Regarding your 3rd person view:
                  If you play in 1st person, the engine will show you the v_model.
                  If you play in 3rd person, the engine will show you the player model.
                  And that one is totally different to the weapon´s v_model.
                  Thats why you dont see your brutal silver axe

Kind Regards,
                  Seven

Comment

Provide me with your player model if you're using a non-default and I will gladly skin the axe to match the silver one. It will however only work on that skin - custom skins will show the default axe.

Comment

a bit fancy 4 me, but the polished area looks real nice
                      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                      sigpic

Comment

If you're interested I made bump/gloss textures for this 'bling' axe for use in dp.

if not then so be it...

Comment

for the player model holding the axe? I am using the axe now in DP that is silver and polished. What does your bump and gloss do? I would def be interested in anything you could provide though

Comment

Bump/Normal maps will make the engraving look more 3D instead of just a flat texture.
                            The gloss would give it a shine. So when you are in a medium lit area and walk by a light source you will get some area's that glisten.
                            Overall if those 2 textures are done right - the Axe will look ALOT nicer ingame.

Also Disco do you use the default player model (non-custom)?

Comment

no im using a high res player skin that seven gave me. He probably made it. If you had the PK3 with the files in it, could you edit that one to add the axe?

Comment

Working...
                              X