New Quake Mod Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quake Mod Survey

Hello Everyone! I'd like to take 5 minutes of your time for you to fill out this survey. It will help Zop and I come up with a brand new mod for this server idea we have. We're planning to attach all the original quake maps together into one big ass map (where the exit of e1m1 will teleport you to the start of e1m2). Right now Zop is testing proof of concept.

If this proof of concept works out, then we will attempt to host up to 255 players in a Darkplaces server (less if we have too). This could be very fun as players don't all have to be in the same level at the same time.

But now we need YOUR input. We don't want to blindly create a mod if people don't like it. That is why YOUR input will determine how the mod will function. EVERY QUAKER is needed to fill out this survey. Great thanks!

Here's the link to the survey:

http://ws.bcitbusiness.ca/wsb.dll/A0...8/QuakeMod.htm

ps - if you know of any other good forums for the quake community could you please let me know in this thread? Thanks!

Filled the survey, I would like to see this

Comment

I just filled it out too. It sounds really cool.

Comment

Based on one of the questions, how would scoring work if one map is dm and the other is ctf? Would the server never reset, it just keeps adding to your score?

Comment

Survey filled and submited

Comment

Survey submitted. I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I voted other:"Cash system" for mod addons

Maybe there can be a Ammo, Armor, Item shop that you can go and buy powerups, ammo and weapons(Alt weapons) with your frag points
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
              Based on one of the questions, how would scoring work if one map is dm and the other is ctf? Would the server never reset, it just keeps adding to your score?
              This all depends. If we go with the "theme" idea then I guess the frag system for your score would reset. If it was all just DM then yea the scores wouldn't reset. I guess we'll find out after the votes are completed

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I voted other:"Cash system" for mod addons

Maybe there can be a Ammo, Armor, Item shop that you can go and buy powerups, ammo and weapons(Alt weapons) with your frag points
              This is great input that belongs in the Additional Comments box at the end!

Thanks to everyone taking part in this survey. Please tell your quaker friends about it.

Would it be possible to put the survey link on the IRC channels? Who would I have to ask in #quake1, #quakeone, and #clan_tu?

Comment

completed and submitted!

Comment

FuZzNuT_TU: Hey Zop, how's your new mod coming along?

Zop I didn't know I was making a new mod till I read CS's post

07:40 FuZzNuT_TU hahaahahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahaa aahahahahahaaaaaa OH SHIT hahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahaa aahahahahahaaaaaa

FuZzNuT_TU: oh that's funny.
                  FuZzNuT_TU: hahahahahaahaaaa
                  'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
                  someone to hear your prayers
                  someone who cares
                  your own... personal... Shambie
                  someone whos there

Comment

Correction there Fuzznut. I wasn't planning on Zop to make the mod. I'm going to be doing that but Zop can work on it too if he desires. Zop and I spoke of this survey and the mod idea before I aired it to the public.

Comment

Hell you know I couldn't pass up an opportunity to flip you some shit CS!

But I would like to see this as well. Good luck!

While you're at it, might as well rebuild the Quake core.
                      'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
                      someone who cares
                      your own... personal... Shambie
                      someone whos there

Comment

I think it would be cool to run it on a DarkPlaces server even though only DarkPlaces clients would be able to connect.

(Mostly because I'd like to see the server-side of DarkPlaces get some road testing on a popular server so we can see what the challenges are. Also, it would be interesting to use DPP7 and see how it feels -- I haven't been able to get an accurate "read" on it yet.)

Anything different would be nice.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Filled out the survey, and yes I agree - HELLUVA idea!

Nice job CS!

-FM

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            only DarkPlaces clients would be able to connect.
                            That would explain a lot of troubles I've been having ROTFL!!!!!!
                            Zop: this is news!

Originally posted by FragMagnet View Post
                            HELLUVA idea!

Nice job CS!

-FM
                            Many thanks! =D Tell all your Quake Friends about this survey! The more data, the more accurate we can make decisions.

Comment

http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=526

this may help u...
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X