Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmashQuake - Something New

Smash Quake

A new mod using the same gameplay physics as Super Smash Brothers. The game is King of the Hill where you have to shoot your opponents off the stage to earn points. This is the only way you can KO someone. Your velocity when hurt is determined by how much damage you've accumulated. Look at your health to determine how much damage you've taken. You start out with 1 health and as you take damage your health increases. So the more health you have, to easier it is for others to blast you off the stage. KOing someone earns you a point while being KO'd makes you lose a point. These are timed matches so you will keep fighting until the timer runs out.

You can also double jump.

ps - you can also be KO'd if you fly too far above the stage

Time limit: 4 minutes
    Maps: Final Destination, Listener, Condemned
    Max players: 4

You will have to download the maps here:
    http://shub-hub.com/files/maps_multi.../finaldest.zip
    http://shub-hub.com/files/maps_multiplayer/listener.zip
    http://shub-hub.com/files/maps_multi.../condemned.zip

Put the bsp files into your ./id1/maps/ directory and you're good to go.

Connect to whitehot.quakeone.com when you are ready to smash

If you're unfamiliar to how Super Smash Bros is played, watch this video:

I hope you all enjoy this mod.

Credits:
    Modder: Canadian*Sniper
    Mappers: Zop and ORL
    Playtesters: Zop, Canadian*Sniper, ORL, Rocketguy, player, Trouby, QuakeMan, Phenom, Cortex, Eli, Mithril, and Slugnut.
    Also thanks to Spirit for the Shub-Hub

MAP REFERENCE:

Final Destination [finaldest]

Listener [listener]

Condemned [condemned]

--

next version will have:
    - random chance for team battle if full server
    - fix ceiling death bug slugnut brought to my attention
    - countdown before match starts
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 03-12-2008, 05:52 PM.

sounds good! i'll check it out later tonight!

Comment

just got done playing with Canadian*Sniper. so much fun, a nice vacation from runes and arena servers =]

I hope to see more people playing, even team battles and possibly new maps with moving platforms or something

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Made a quick update to the mod fixing small bugs that affected the scoring.

Thanks to LockNLoad for helping me test the newer version.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
          Made a quick update to the mod fixing small bugs that affected the scoring.

Thanks to LockNLoad for helping me test the newer version.
          np

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Hmm. Ill try it out, if I have time.

Comment

It was pretty fun. Of course it was only me and C*S there (and he's tricky). He ended up getting me 11 to -11 one time.

I'm sure it is really cool with a bunch of people, and it does give us a new option for a game. I bet something else that would be fun (just a suggestion though) would to be to implement a class system similar to FVF.

Comment

Whoa this is great Canadian*Sniper! I actually felt like I was playing a knock off version of SmashBro's a few times!

DOUBLE JUMP!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Your masterpiece of a map crashed my computer that bad the only way to get it started again was to power my PC completely off then on again.

I am using GLPRO3.5, my screen went black, my keyboard did not accept any input and was not responsive. Slugnut invited me to play with him and 3 seconds after I connected to Whitehot to play him this incident happened.

Debugging your mod code is a must and that crash is the worst bug.

As it is I do not consider running this mod safe, as of now, as you will need to completely turn off/on your computer as it will crash if you are running my client.

I am not bashing your effort but please make sure this does not happen again.

Comment

You're the first glpro user to tell me there's a problem with the map. At first I thought it was just qrack users having very low fps when viewing too much sky.

The description you gave me doesn't help me at all but you can still help me figure it out. Use -condebug in your command line when you run quake and type in developer 1 in the quake console. Connect to whitehot and if there is a crash, send me the qconsole.txt.

edit:

I should add that you, Paradise, are the only proquake user to tell me this. ORL uses proquake and has no trouble with the map (he and Zop made it). So I doubt it's a direct proquake problem. I'd like to see the qconsole.txt file.
                    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 03-02-2008, 03:11 PM.

Comment

setting gl_subdivide_size to a high value (something like 4096) should result in better fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
                        Your masterpiece of a map crashed my computer that bad the only way to get it started again was to power my PC completely off then on again.

I am using GLPRO3.5, my screen went black, my keyboard did not accept any input and was not responsive. Slugnut invited me to play with him and 3 seconds after I connected to Whitehot to play him this incident happened.

Debugging your mod code is a must and that crash is the worst bug.

As it is I do not consider running this mod safe, as of now, as you will need to completely turn off/on your computer as it will crash if you are running my client.

I am not bashing your effort but please make sure this does not happen again.
                        Check your client. Also its consider'd bashing if you don't provide any useful information.

Your description of how your Pc crashed complies with almost 80% of Microsoft Windows XP crashes

Some tips.
                        1# Try placing -zone 1024 in your command line.

2#Check and make sure all your cables are plugged in correctly.

3#Make sure your PC is in a well ventilated area. Not covered by Carebear dolls and telephone books (I've seen people do this before to "Hide" their PC)

4# Check your video card drivers.

5# Check ALL your drivers.

6#If you are feeling confident enough, open your PC & check to make sure all enternal connections are properly seated and that all your fans are spinning properly.

Try to recreate the problem your PC is having then once you figure it out let it be known, so someone can fix it!
                        Last edited by Phenom; 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM.
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                          ...at first I thought it was just qrack users having very low fps when viewing too much sky...
                          Hi CS,

Excuse my noobiness but is there a command to 'turn off' the skybox so us hpb's can try and eek out a few more fps? I know XQuake used to do have this as an option so any suggestions for Qrack/Proquake would be gratefully rec'd.

Kind regards

Monty
                          BTW Keep up the good work CS we do appreciate it.
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                            Hi CS,

Excuse my noobiness but is there a command to 'turn off' the skybox so us hpb's can try and eek out a few more fps? I know XQuake used to do have this as an option so any suggestions for Qrack/Proquake would be gratefully rec'd.

Kind regards

Monty
                            BTW Keep up the good work CS we do appreciate it.
                            Like Peg said, gl_subdivide_size 4096 may be your best bet. I don't know of any quake console commands that remove the skybox but didn't rook or joezef have the option of creating your own skybox?

Comment

A small glitch I noticed: if you touch the ceiling (without falling off) you die and it says you fell to your death. Try nade jumping from the platform straight up and you'll die.
                              "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

Working...
                              X