No announcement yet.

Previous weapon impulse mod dependent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for all the useful info again Seven.

I'm aware of the open source issues. I really have no intention of decompiling source codes for the reason of publicly releasing them without an authors permission. I do agree with your views though on open source. especially since Carmack was a big advocater of it when he created the engine.

I just want to be able to decompile the sources so I can see how things are made and make a few minor adjustments for personal use such as adding the impulse 12 to abyss of pandemonium and any other mods I like or find in the future that may not support impulse 12.

The only thing I would be interested in releasing would be such minor fixes. And if I did for aop for instance I definitely would not release the source for something I did based on an unreleased source. Just the fix itself.

The only other thing I would like to do is make a version of dmsp2 that has a couple other custom monsters from various older mods I enjoyed without being darkplaces specific for my own personal use.

This is of course assuming I can become proficient enough with quake c.

Comment

Holy crap, this is Quake, guys. No one is decompiling Windows 8 or anything.

Regarding potential multiple versions of Quoth, guess what, Quoth is not rocket science, and a lot of what's in there also exists in other, open source mods.

No QuakeC mod I have seen comes anywhere close to rocket science. There are just not so many secret things you can do with QuakeC. RMQ has most of what Quoth has, so any halfway talented coder could go and assemble a progs.dat that is very, very similar to Quoth without having to ever decompile Quoth.

It must be possible to talk about things without being put in the vicinity of criminals and sinners, Seven.

One could release now all not open source codes with this one (like Quoth), which might lead into trouble.
      This is FUD.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

@Golden_boy
        I know and I understand what you mean (kinda). There's no debate going on here. Seven was just giving me some info to the many questions I have been asking recently and giving me some extra insight to why it can be kinda difficult to find some of the source material that I'm interested in.

I was just explaining my intentions and reasoning for wanting some sources to clarify. Not justify.

I'm very much a neophyte virgin newbie when it comes to quakec. Never done it at all. So I'm just trying to wrap my head around trying to do some things. Especially usability things like adding impulse 12 to abyss of pandemonium. I'd love to figure it out how to do myself instead of making posts asking others to do it for me. Though I wouldn't complain if someone did.

I'm just having trouble trying to find certain sources and figuring out how to decompile in general. I'm not aware if aop source is actually available. If anyone knows where I could find it, it would be much appreciated just so I could try to add impulse 12.

The other sources I wanted (zerstorer and quoth were just so I could add some of those enemies and maybe weapons to dmsp2. Btw, where is the source to dmsp2? I couldn't find it and it doesn't seem to be in the download I have.

Comment

Hello Legend,

You do not have to justify yourself. golden_boy maybe has misunderstood the purpose/reason behind your thread. Normally he is a relaxed and friendly fellow.

As far as I understand you, your last mod with which you have issues with is Abyss of Pandemonium and its lack of "Weapon backwards cycling" (impulse 12) as well. I send you a pm with the link to a fixed version of:
          Abyss of Pandemonium - The final mission v2.0
          It adds the impulse 12 to it.
          I am not sure if the source has been released of AoP2, so I better do not want to post it here.

Kind regards.

Comment

ok. Thanks Seven. I didn't read this till after I saw your pm. Thank you very much. Also, does your lightning gun enforcer skin for aop work with this by chance? Will the skin only work for darkplaces?

I really got figure out how to decompile some of these. I keep finding lots of good older episodes/maps that unfortunately just don't support impulse 12. Penumbra of Domination is the new one.

Thanks again for all your help man.

btw, is the frik decompiler a commandline program? Cause I can't get it to work at all and there doesn't seem to be any documentation for it.
            Last edited by Legend; 06-24-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X