Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake on OS X

Hi all,

I've downloaded GLQuake (shareware) and am trying to get on to some servers with people on them. I've visited xctf.clan-rum.org, and got on successfully, but there was nobody there. I checked the server list and tried connecting to quake.shmack.net (on map e1m3 at the time), but it's running Rune Quake, and I don't know how to set that up for OS X.

I downloaded runequake-1.2.zip and unzipped it into the runes directory that it creates, but I don't see any instructions on what to do with it.

When I try to connect right now it says:

model maps/end.bsp not found

And then it doesn't bring up the map.

I've also tried setting up Clan Arena, but putting the maps in the ID1 folder didn't seem to help, and I can't run catools.exe as directed in readme.txt because I'm on OSX.

I'd love to be able to connect to more servers than just xctf.clan-rum.org, though CTF was always my favorite way of playing. So I'm hoping to see some games there too. If there's a way to get things up and running I'd be happy to document it and post it on a Macintosh forum or two and see if we can't get some more players. But I want to play!

Please help!
    Brian

Check your PMs. The answer will be wating for you. 2 other people had the same problem and I helped them out the same way, eheheheheh...
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X