Minor Qrack Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Qrack Issues

I've updated to the latest Qrack and followed the guides for using the newer textures. Everything is working great with the exception of a couple minor issues. It's been a while since I last played Quake, so forgive me if I have overlooked something simple.

1) How do you enable inverse mouse in Qrack? I don't see a menu item for it and I can't seem to find the console command that enables the inverse.

2) Missing textures -- As I play through a few SP and MP maps, I notice the textures for the axe and backpack (the ones dropped by enemies) are missing. Have I missed something?

Thanks!

It's great to see the continued community support for Quake. It's been on my hard drive since ~1997 and it's the only game that NEVER gets uninstalled or deleted. :d

To enable inverted mouse type "m_pitch -0.022" in the console.

I don't know why this was omitted in the menu because it is a highly used command.

As for the missing textures, it could be a memory issue or you may not have all the proper textures paks.
    getogamer

Comment

Originally posted by getogamer View Post
      To enable inverted mouse type "m_pitch -0.022" in the console.

I don't know why this was omitted in the menu because it is a highly used command.

As for the missing textures, it could be a memory issue or you may not have all the proper textures paks.
      Thanks for the help.

Regarding the texture issues, I'm already using 200MB (-mem 200 on the command line) and the only paks currently in use in the Qrack folder are pak0 (part of the v1.60 install) and pak1 (Qrack extra textures), both downloaded from the Qrack site.

Comment

What gfx card are you using?
        -mem 200 is an over kill, try 64

if you can screenshot it will help narrow down the textures
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I had the same problem with Qrack. I don't know what the real answer to fixing the textures is but try setting gl_loadq3models to 0 via console command or in your config

Comment

My graphics card is an ATI x850xt (256MB).

I've attached a screenshot of the problem. I apologize for the quality, but I couldn't figure out how to take a fullscreen screenshot and adjusted the gamma of the screenshot manually.

Also, setting gl_loadq3models to 0 didn't help.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's exactly what my setup looks like except sometimes the dead bodies are also white and textureless.

Comment

Ah, thats because the skins for the md3 models arent found.

The textures can be in
                quake/id1/textures/
                quake/id1/progs/
                quake/id1/textures/md3skins
                or
                quake/id1/textures/q3models/

phew...

also try setting cl_teamskin 0 and reloading the map
                Last edited by R00k; 12-31-2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  Ah, thats because the skins for the md3 models arent found.

The textures can be in
                  quake/id1/textures/
                  quake/id1/progs/
                  quake/id1/textures/md3skins
                  or
                  quake/id1/textures/q3models/

phew...

also try setting cl_teamskin 0 and reloading the map
                  Alright, what I did was take the folder Qrack/textures/md3skins and moved it to ID1/textures/md3skins. Even after setting cl_teamskins to 0 and reloading the map, the textures are still missing.

I've attached another screenshot showing the contents of the md3skins folder. Am I missing a texture pack or something?
                  Attached Files

Comment

rename those *_skin.png files to *_0.png
                    Qrack doesnt lookfor MODEL_SKIN.png it looks for Model_#.png # = skinnum/color

Comment

My setup has a quake/id1/progs/ file with 9 *.mdl files and that's it. Do I need these .png texture files? I just grabbed the extra PAK file from the Qrack website, I thought that's all we need??

Comment

I think something just got screwed up on my end.

I first tried renaming the files to *_0 as R00k mentioned, but that didn't work either. So, I just deleted the entire Qrack directory and started from scratch.

1) Installed Qrack v1.60
                        2) Installed Qrack Texture Pak1
                        3) Installed the Quake Retexures
                        4) Tweaked config and autoexec.cfg to my liking

Now, everything seems to be working fine. I think I just got a little overzealous installing texture packs, models, etc., and screwed something up.

Comment

woot!

maybe thats the answer!

Comment

Working...
                          X