Problems with Quake Expansion No.2 DOE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Quake Expansion No.2 DOE

I am having a problem with Dissolution of Eternity and I have been wanting to play and actually beat this game for once on Nightmare (or actually beat it) since I beat the first expansion and regular quake on Nightmare a few years ago when I had windows 98 and the CDs. It installed okay but when I open it and go to click on play it just goes to a blank DOS window and then closes...

Is there anyway to fix this?

get qrack, make a shortcut with -Rogue

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Even qrack doesn't work... It comes up with with a an error saying
      Code:
      W_loadWadfile: couldn't load gfx.wad

And regular Quake works just fine. I don't what's up with all these errors.

Also while i'm here having all these error problem I might as well get caught up with everybody. When I run GL Quake it comes up with the glide2x.dll error. Where do I get this?

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed that problem but the "W_loadWadfile:. couldn't load gfx.wad error" is still coming up for qrack.

EDIT2: I got those to work but I'm not sure what you mean...
      Last edited by Zzanitari; 01-29-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Did you manage to get it to work?

Your folder structure should be as such:

quake folder (contains glqrack.exe or whatever Quake you are using)
        quake\id1 folder (contains pak0.pak and probably pak1.pak registered Quake datafile)

Double-click the glqrack.exe to start it.

You may be able to do start Qrack normally and then type "gamedir rogue" in the console and then do Single Player -> New Game to start the mission pack.

If you still have problems, post back.

opengl32.dll in your Quake folder should be removed or deleted, that is for a 10 year old video card no one is using (3dfx) and interferes with the normal operation of any GL Quake engine. It is very unfortunate that Quake comes with that opengl32.dll file as it causes a ton of problems for people.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

YES! I got it to work!! Thanks a LOT!

Time to finally beat this expansion on NIGHTMARE.
          Last edited by Zzanitari; 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X