I can't connectz0r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't connectz0r

Hey guys I can't connect to any servers I just discovered people still play Quake 1 and I got so excited I nearly jizzed my underpants!

I tried qcrak and proquake latest versions of both and when I try to connect by console or multiplayer>join it just says retrying retrying and no response, I've tried a few servers that list having people in them including NEWDM.QUAKEONE.COM and ffadm.servequake.com they just wont work.

I'm not using any firewalls and have no problem with other games or quake 2, quake 3.

Try loading up DarkPlaces and connecting.

The network code in DarkPlaces is a lot better than ProQuake or Qrack and can correctly connect in a lot of situations where ProQuake cannot.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

if you have two network cards disable the one your not using and try to connect to servers again.

Just right click network / properties / change adapter settings

An if you got two connections in there disable the one that your not using and try to reconnect via proquake.

Will prob work, there is another command line workaround but i found this method of disabling an extra Network interface device the quickest and easiest.

If you don't have your network icon on your desktop you can also get to the page thru: Control Panel / Network and Internet / view status and tasks / then above change adapter settings and just right click the inactive NIC and disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
        if you have two network cards disable the one your not using and try to connect to servers again.

Just right click network / properties / change adapter settings

An if you got two connections in there disable the one that your not using and try to reconnect via proquake.

Will prob work, there is another command line workaround but i found this method of disabling an extra Network interface device the quickest and easiest.

If you don't have your network icon on your desktop you can also get to the page thru: Control Panel / Network and Internet / view status and tasks / then above change adapter settings and just right click the inactive NIC and disable it.
        Thanks! This is fixed it!

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

Whos playing online? I've got DP going and I've looked for DP games and there are about 5 servers with 2 bots on.

There are a shed-load of QW servers, but every time I try to connect, it bombs out on me.

Any idea why?

Comment

DP is netquake.

QW servers are not compitable with NETQUAKE

You need EZquake to play on QW servers.

I don't like the feel/physics of QW that's why i use proquake/netquake.

But you will not be able to play on QW servers with PROQUAKE or darkplaces.

EZquake: ezQuake — QuakeWorld client with lots of modern gaming features

~Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
                DP is netquake.

QW servers are not compitable with NETQUAKE

You need EZquake to play on QW servers.

I don't like the feel/physics of QW that's why i use proquake/netquake.

But you will not be able to play on QW servers with PROQUAKE or darkplaces.

EZquake: ezQuake — QuakeWorld client with lots of modern gaming features

~Cheers.
                Thats not true for darkplaces. I have played many times with darkplaces on XS4ALL - QuakeWorld FOD Free For All (194.109.69.75:27500 ).

However you need to give the port on the command line because QW uses a different port by default.

Comment

strange i thought netquake clients couldn't connect to qw servers.

Not that i tried though.

As i just ra/ctf/ca.

hm, news to me.

Comment

To solve the mistery, when darkplaces connects to a qw server, it acts as a qw client
                    Darkplaces has support for netquake, qw and its own protocol (and maybe more).

Same goes for fte which can speak netquake and qw btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X