Missing Textures on Gib Heads in SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Textures on Gib Heads in SP

Searched the forum and tried to find a conflict in my id1 files but couldn't find a fix here in the forums or what is wrong.

Ogre gib heads are fine which is strange. Seems most other monster gibs have the heads as a blank white-ish blob on the ground. I really don't care if I see the head at all, just meaty chunks are fine.

What am I missing? I feel like there's probably an easy fix, I just can't find it.

that would most likely mean that the textures for the other head gibs seem to be missing.

which addons are you using for monsters?

try opening the add-ons (pk3 files can be easily opened with winrar),
    and see if there are any textures starting with H_ and then monster-name in the progs folder inside the pk3 (like for example 'h_demon.mdl_0' )
    if not, that might be the problem, that the textures for those gibs are absent

you can always use my compilation of monster textures, it includes head gibs textures as well, and it contains the monster textures i love most, you might like them too
    splitters-monster_compilation.pk3
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks doing a DL right now. I had Monster pak with name 'Yellow' in it. I had tried another first and thought the monsters looked too gritty with dark lines up close.

Is there a way to DL & add more gibs like I saw someone did a rib cage and spine. I read a reference to a heart also but wondered if this stuff avail. somewhere as a stand alone gib pak. Like chunks_of_gibs.pk? Bucket_of_gibs.pk?

Also I get a blood mist/stain when I shoot a secret panel like I injured either it or myself. Is there a way to turn this off?

Comment

Yes, new Monster texture pak fixed it, thanks!

I had tried a couple and they had the same error so I thought it was on my end.

Comment

you're more then welcome, glad to help you with your problem

oh yes yes, most definiately possible, the spine and ribcage gibs
          even better, i have those myself, totally love em

http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...ne_Studios.zip

about the blood puff when hitting a secret panel...
          i honestly dont know, i think thats just something standard from quake and nothing from add-ons. but i think its just more visible now with the newer particles from darkplaces.
          so dun think theres a way to turn it off since afaik its a standard quake effect

EDIT: just tried stock quake without a single add-on, and the blood puff effect indeed is a stock quake effect just like i thought

(EDIT: seven found the link of his i couldnt find, so changed link to his upload)
          Last edited by talisa; 01-25-2012, 09:42 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Splitterface,

First of all, there are no gibs in the "small mod compilation".
            I made this mistake some time ago (in early versions), but learned from that.

Shootable buttons and secret doors/walls have a "health" value.
            They have that because they need to be activated somehow, so the Quake devs decided to go that path.
            The QC code does not seperate shootable buttons and secret doors/walls from monsters !
            That is why the function SpawnBlood () is always called when hitting shootable buttons and secret doors/walls.
            And that is why you see the blood particles.

The upcoming "small mod compilation" V3.7 gives you the possibility to disable this behaviour.

By the way, you should always inlcude a readme if you upload things. Black Rayne Studios requests their readme to be present in every upload. It contains URLīs, emailīs and stuff that should be included.
            Please use the link from here, or include the readme in yours.
            You should include readmeīs in all the files you upload to public.

Best wishes,
            Seven
            Last edited by Seven; 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

ah... sorry, mustve been confused with the older SMC then about the gibs.
              didnt know they got removed in the newer SMC's cuz i seperate gibs myself.

ah thanx, i had only uploaded the pk3 myself cuz i wasnt able to find your link when i posted last time.
              ill chang the link in my previous post to be the link you also included in your post in the other thread

Comment

Thanks for the update Seven on the Secret panels emitting blood.

No harm done on the 'Black Rayne Studios' gibs, by the time I read the post I had done a dl already from the source and got the 'read me', complete package, etc.

They are nice gibs but could benefit from a random quality as you get to see the same artifacts after every kill.

Comment

Working...
                X