BestWeapon for non-bestweapon supporting clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BestWeapon for non-bestweapon supporting clients

ProQuake, JoeQuake, QRack all have "bestweapon 8 5 4 3 2 1" support, which is the same concept as QW "impulse 8 5 4 3 2 1"

(The above script would switch to LG or super nail gun, etc depending on which was available with ammo. Typical DM practice is to have a key to switch to RL and another key for best weapon that can't kill you in a short range fight.)

When I was a DOS Quaker, I experimented with several attempts to write an alias which did the equivalent of bestweapon (being a naive Quake player in 1999/2000, I couldn't figure it out.)

Anyway, if you are using a client that does not have bestweapon support, you can make your own

// Best Weapon Equivalence Script

alias bestweapon854321 "impulse 1; wait; impulse 2; wait; impulse 3; wait; impulse 4; wait; impulse 5; wait; impulse 8"

bind ALT bestweapon854321
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

You are so clever! *hug

Comment

Working...
    X