Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to removed the pentagram's fire effect in dp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to removed the pentagram's fire effect in dp?

Could anybody help me removed the fire effect on the pentagram of protection? I have darkplaces and I notice a massive fps drop when ever it's spewing all those particle effects about. Thanks in advance!

you could perhaps try OoPpEe's effect-enabled power-ups
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-powerups.html

it has a more subtle fire effect as far as i remember

dunno for sure though, since i myself use sevens small mod compilation mod with quake, which replaces all power-ups effects with more fancy but less resource-heavy effects
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

delete any effectinfo.txt files you can find. this'll cause it to use built in effects instead.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

Spike,

normaly your answer would be correct, but not for the powerup models in Rygel´s .pk3.
        DarkPlaces allows to use multiple and custom flags on models.
        You remember your discussion with this topic several months ago.

The powerup models in Rygel´s .pk3 use this method to bring particle effects into DarkPlaces without using an external effectinfo.txt file.

Space Cadet,

If you use Rygel´s .pk3 and want to get rid of the particles, then delete this model inside his .pk3:
        invulner.mdl
        (it is in the "progs" folder)
        This will make use of the original ID1 model then (without particles)

If you use the "small mod compilation" and want to get rid of the particles, then do what Spike said.

Best regards,
        Seven

Comment

Working...
        X