• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to play?

If you could ask any game developer,

'Hey, I, have an idea'

What would you say?

__________________________________________________ ______

I can see this as being the oldest Active thread in 20 years...
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

A new multiplayer quake mod that caught on would be very nice. Like one that didn't require a specific engine setup for clients since that kind of deters players away. Custom maps are fine. I don't even care what the idea of the mod is. Just have a new one that feels fresh

Also more classic NES megaman fan games.

Comment

Personally i wouldnt mind something like Temple of Aphasi from the C64

Temple of Apshai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Lots of time lost on the C-64!

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
          Lots of time lost on the C-64!
          Mostly on waiting for the game to load up.

Comment

that question demands I would just end up repeating myself from previous years.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

load "*", 8,1

Comment

Oh yeah now you're speaking my language!

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                load "*", 8,1

Comment

i still have my original C64 in the box

Thinking back to Temple Apshai, reminded me of Wolf3D where secrets were found
                  by pressing walls. I think that more map authors should have 3 secrets per map and one hidden and 1 godemode credits.

just saying...

Comment

I was just going to plant this here :

Then I found that there have been remakes already:

This one is called Ulitmate Bruce Lee!

But then the three places I tried to download it from all had the same broken version.

Then I found another remake inspired by the C64 one, made in Blitz basic by Mark Rosten.

Bruce Lee - a remake for the PC

This worked a treat!

I still have my 64, my 500 and 1200 too.
                    Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Nice one Adam! I spent so many hours also playing Bruce Lee! Love that game and actually played it via emulator few weeks ago for a bit. Good memories there.

Comment

• A good hunting / outdoor life simulator, possibly medieval, sci-fi or fantasy.
                        • A viking life simulator where you are washed up on the shore and have to survive in their world without even knowing their language at first. Could have permadeath and highscores.
                        • A modern-day politics game where you start with the world in its current state and have to solve all the issues.
                        • A hi-res remake of Sim Park.
                        • A really good game adaptation of "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman (since crazy Christians got the film trilogy cancelled by boycotting its US launch, grr.) And the same for "Neuromancer", please, while you're at it.
                        • A game like Stalker without guns, or with just a knife and a rifle.
                        • A real follow up to Crysis that takes the best things from the first game and expands on them. Just as if Crysis 2 and 3 never happened.
                        • A good team-based objective-based shooter with a working matchmaking system that actually gets players (ETQW I'm looking at you.)
                        • The Dark Eye: Drakensang 2. And Drakensang Online to never have happened.
                        • A Tomb Raider game without all the therapy crap, with old kickass Lara instead of new whiny Lara. Perhaps a remake of TR2.
                        • A Lord of the Rings game that's actually good. Perhaps based on The Hunt for Gollum fan movie.
                        • A good game based on Norse mythology, perhaps like Too Human, only better.
                        • Games based on Native American stuff.
                        • A game adaptation of American Gods by Neil Gaiman where you play Shadow as well as Mr. Wednesday and the other gods.

In general, more games based on various mythologies and fantasy book series.

And many more.
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Real life simulator.

That way you can play real life while you're in real life.
                          I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                          But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

^Sounds Matrix mode!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
                              Real life simulator.
                              you mean the sims?

those games are litterally real life simulators
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                              X