Ultimate Rocket Arena server coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Rocket Arena server coming?

I gave Yellow the "goods" for ra.clanhdz.com and when that gets setup, ra.clanhdz.com will be the ultimate rocket arena server.

1. Can't remember the names of the maps? Solved.
    2. Sick of the standard RA maps? Solved.
    3. Do you already have the maps? There is a good chance.

1. The Selector Map (RockGate)

You can see what map is what and select it.

2. Expo and Aquashark Maps

Rook's old RA server has some fantastic maps (and a few duds) and there are some rocket arena maps made by Aquashark and most of them kick ass.

The standard rocket arena maps have been played to death.

3. Do you have them already? You might.

All the maps have been in the rocket arena maps pack at this site for 9 months.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Sounds good to me!

Any eta?

Comment

not soon enough.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Pester Yellow to check the dev forum
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

And, of course, the server seems to be down for some reason.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmm rocket..... areeenaaaaa ^^

Comment

need a non-cheat-free pure , original DM server. where the default setting is FFA. Like dm.quakeone.com, except without runes, and not modified respawn times, etc. not match. or Pmode.

or you could add a voting option at dm.quakeone.com to transform it into "pure" DM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                need a non-cheat-free pure , original DM server. where the default setting is FFA. Like dm.quakeone.com, except without runes, and not modified respawn times, etc. not match. or Pmode.

or you could add a voting option at dm.quakeone.com to transform it into "pure" DM.
                Yeah that would be nice.

The vote option would have to turn off the runes, the spawn parameters and the wall climbing.

The map rotation is the major killer (after any warp it goes back to A2, which is followed by a horrifically boring map, Q1EDGE sux for DM).

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  The map rotation is the major killer (after any warp it goes back to A2, which is followed by a horrifically boring map, Q1EDGE sux for DM).
                  That can almost scertainly be got around, even if it means having a long list in the code which points current map to next map, and to next map that would've been in the rotation if the voted map isn't.
                  16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                  16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

After the QuakeOne map set is revisited, that should be worked on.

DM+ *IS* a great mod. But like any mod, if the map sucks or is totally inappropriate for the number of players, it is not going to be fun.

Comment

I looked at the logs, it was trying to change to a map not on the server (Baker's fault, he didn't include the aquashark maps in the setup ). I uploaded the missing files and vis set the server to run off of R00ks custom server exe that doens't crash on map not found.
                      uakene.com

Comment

Poor Baker. Everything is his fault

Comment

Aquashark Rulez.....?!?!?! Those ra maps were fun

Comment

Working...
                          X