Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User's choice of Quake server.

I'd just like to get some input from everyone here at Quakeone.com

Let me know which Quake MOD you would want to! Get in and vote!
    Painkeep
    15.79%
    Rune Quake
    5.26%
    IHOC MOD
    10.53%
    Capture The Flag
    15.79%
    Clan Arena
    21.05%
    Rocket Arena
    5.26%
    A Whole New MOD!
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

I voted CTF but a Painkeep server would be awesome, but why not TF? Weve already got RuneQuake and IHOC well served, CA seems to be the only thing anyone talks about, RA seems to be common enough from what I hear...

Id like to play Get Rich Quake again, or Storm the Castle, those were damn fun.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

well the main reason TF ist in the list is simple, I've never played it so it never crossed my mind

I do agree though scar3crow, we have sufficient CA and Rune servers and RA will always be there

I was thinking of trying some kind of fast pastes action mod with realistic weapons kind of like CA weapons and industrial levels
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow View Post
        I voted CTF but a Painkeep server would be awesome, but why not TF? Weve already got RuneQuake and IHOC well served, CA seems to be the only thing anyone talks about, RA seems to be common enough from what I hear...

Id like to play Get Rich Quake again, or Storm the Castle, those were damn fun.
        I've never played Get Rich Quake or Storm the Castle, only heard of them...

I voted Painkeep, it's a polished mod that has been around for years and never got the attention it deserves, especially among quake players (it got some attention for quakeworld, but not much).

Comment

I'd like a server with rotating mods every friday or saturday - new mods that we haven't done before. And announcements in the forum. Maybe voting.

Comment

Painkeep. Great mod. awesome maps, weapons. Cool stuff in it

Comment

New mods can be fun We have to keep them coming.

Comment

What would be awsome is as someone said above, a server that rotates mods automatically depending on the day. Monday, Wednesday, Friday is CA, Saturday is CTF, Sunday is Pure DM, Tuesday, Thursday is Runes, whatever... that would be cool :-)

Comment

I almost wish I could retract my vote for CTF and place it in Painkeep now, it is a polished mod, and it does already have its own host of maps (so maybe it wouldnt be played on just dm3...) and is just good fun.

Phenom - When I discovered TF, it was literally a year before I played DM or CTF again. Its excellent, at least to me (though I prefer MegaTF) - Valve makes me sad for what they did to its name.

Get Rich Quake is a modification of deathmatch. In it you have the Threewave CTF grappling hook, and a Safety Deposit Box. Each player spawns with a single gold coin on them. If you die, it falls out. Killing a player doesnt get you a frag, getting their coin does... You can put the coins in the safety deposit box which you can stash anywhere in the level (and do so creatively with your grappling hook so its not easily robbed), or you can keep them on you. If you die, whatever coins you dont have in your safety deposit box will spill out from you... I saw one match where an excellent player never used his safety deposit box, and consequently was running around with all of his money... A single stray shotgun blast did him in in the center area of The Dismal Oubliette, and his money went everywhere - and his frags to 0. It was a feeding frenzy as other players frags went up because of one persons stray pellets. Good times.

Storm the Castle is a TF derivative in medieval style by FrikaC with some additional coding by RenegadeC. Youve got archers, thieves, blacksmiths, barrelmakers, knights, wizards and so on - I always played the thief, scaling walls, opening enemy team only doors and hording their ammo, and stealing arrows from the archers and then hiding in plain sight from them. For a while it was a common thing to play amongst the regulars of #qc. Horn (the host of QExpo 2001) absolutely hated me in it for my propensity to run off with his whole quiver while he was trying to snipe someone with his bow.

On second thought, take away a vote from CTF and put it towards Painkeep. I never got the chance to play it online and it just seems so awesome, it needs a server.

Comment

Get Rich Quake is a modification of deathmatch. In it you have the Threewave CTF grappling hook, and a Safety Deposit Box. Each player spawns with a single gold coin on them. If you die, it falls out. Killing a player doesnt get you a frag, getting their coin does... You can put the coins in the safety deposit box which you can stash anywhere in the level (and do so creatively with your grappling hook so its not easily robbed), or you can keep them on you. If you die, whatever coins you dont have in your safety deposit box will spill out from you... I saw one match where an excellent player never used his safety deposit box, and consequently was running around with all of his money... A single stray shotgun blast did him in in the center area of The Dismal Oubliette, and his money went everywhere - and his frags to 0. It was a feeding frenzy as other players frags went up because of one persons stray pellets. Good times.

Sounds like headhunters mod which was kick ass.

Comment

I played Painkeep for a short while many years ago and it reminds me of RQ done right, where your "powerups" were weapons and not some magical rune that makes you enable to move,aim, be effective at all. Thats one of the reasons why I dispise RuneQuake, instant kill(deathspots) doesnt equal skill in my book
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Comment

Get Rich Quake is a modification of deathmatch. In it you have the Threewave CTF grappling hook, and a Safety Deposit Box. Each player spawns with a single gold coin on them.
                        Sounds similar to my unreleased mod 'greed' (which was teamplay oriented, with one 'piggy bank' per team).

However I imposed a limit of 5 coins on a player, and a team's piggybank could be broken to drop up to 10 coins, it wouldn't drop any more until it was repaired by a member of the team that owned it (which cost one coin).

The main difference from Get Rich Quake is that there were coin spawners in Greed (which happened to be at the deathmatch spawn points), so there was no need to kill anyone to get the most points. Although I also tried that mode (spawning with a coin).

I never released it because I concluded it was too much like HeadHunters, but maybe I just never gave it a proper chance as I never even tested it online with real players, maybe with a little polish it would be a good teamplay mod.

Another mod of a similar nature is one I made on my clan server as an option ('LOR' mode) where each each deathmatch spawn point is a ring spawner, and if you die you drop up to 5 of your frags as rings, the shift in frag counts was quite striking when a skilled player joined the server and soon had most of the frags (because the previous 'richest' players rapidly lost their points), again this did not require killing anyone - you could get a respectable score just by scooping up the rings dropped by players fighting other players, but never as high as the frag leader (who was inevitably the most skilled one .

Comment

I have a MOD idea but I have no knowledge how to program a MOD.

Its a team based mod with a lot of open areas and huge levels for the most part, meant to be played with a lot of people. Each team has 3-4 tickets on the map that they must defend (Anyone who's played Battlefield 2 knows) if an opposing player stands next to a ticket "flag" then after a short amount of time that ticket will become the property of the opposite team.. one team must control all the tickets on the level to win or have the majority of the tickets in their possession to be considered the winner when the timer runs out, wich would be about 30 minutes.

Using weapons different from the default of course. like the realistic weapons in the Navy MOD which are complete AWESOME weapons which have a nice feel to them and also sports grenades
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

with a lot of open areas and huge levels for the most part
                            Custom maps, the bane of every modder.

Each team has 3-4 tickets on the map that they must defend (Anyone who's played Battlefield 2 knows) if an opposing player stands next to a ticket "flag" then after a short amount of time that ticket will become the property of the opposite team.. one team must control all the tickets on the level to win or have the majority of the tickets in their possession to be considered the winner when the timer runs out, wich would be about 30 minutes.
                            So an entity that has a time based check of radius along with an entity counter, if the count of a certain type is higher than another and sustains long enough, it changes its team label to that of the matching entity. The rest is just basic game rule checks (do they give points sequentially like UT domination points, only once youve got so many of them, or does it require constant domination?)

Using weapons different from the default of course. like the realistic weapons in the Navy MOD which are complete AWESOME weapons which have a nice feel to them and also sports grenades
                            Most of the feel needed for realistic guns is good models really, the code itself is just trying to match the rate - which some of these details can be found anywhere on the internet. Perhaps implementing a reload function which is easy enough... one entity tracks the clip count, each time you fire, -1 from the clip, when that reaches 0, it will no longer fire, hitting the reload bind will reset that count to 12 or whatever, and subtract that same amount from the weapon total (like your shells inventory item).

So yeah, its quite possible, but dont ask me, Im no coder.

Comment

scar3crow basically broke it down, I'm waiting for this Youtube video to finish uploading so I can show the lazy people who dont like installing hundreds of mods what the new weapons im talking about look like, I tested them on a prototype level I made, I'll post the YouTube link once its finished (5-10 minutes)

K it will take a few minutes to get anal probed or whatever they do at YouTube and released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be83PRsEtTU
                              Last edited by Phenom; 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM.
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                              X