Q1 Server test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q1 Server test

I made quake1 server for pocketquake (PDA version of Q1 \ PC Quake and PocketQuake are compatible), i successfully connect from my internal lan (192.168.0.*)

But some people cant connect from internet.
    I want to know where is proplem (in my server or people do something wrong)

Please try to connect - bramox.com (213.141.134.13) port 26000
    Last edited by destroyer666; 06-16-2007, 01:57 PM.

I can't connect to it. Check your router if you have one and make sure the UDP packets are forwarded to the proper machine. Check your firewall. Then check your antivirus.

You can test this yourself even from the same computer ... type connect 213.141.134.13 (this is non-local so you will be attempting to connect thru the internet) and if you can connect to your own machine via the internet, others should be able to.

IF you are able to connect to your own server, something that could be a real wrench is that PocketQuake may not be NAT fixed as the original Quake was not NAT fixed. (ProQuake/Qrack/DarkPlaces/JoeQuake are NAT fixed, many other normal Quake clients are not NAT fixed).

A non-NAT client fixed cannot connect to a server thru a router or DSL modem with single port router capability (pretty common, allows DSL using PPPOE --- aka username/password -- to be authenticated in the router, allowing Xboxs and Playstations to use the DSL).

You might consider running DarkPlaces server in the Quake protocol as DarkPlaces server --- I've heard --- uses a single port and may allow non-NAT-fixed clients to connect.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Quake server running in my home proxy.
      http://www.bramox.com/sh.jpg - look on scheme

quake server - proquake 3.50+ crmod 6.4

----------------------------------
      antiviruses, firewalls is not installed ( windows firewall turned off )

when i connect from my PC to 213.141.134.13 in server log displayed Client connect from 192.168.0.* so i cant connect thru internet from local machines

my friend used ProQuake (nat fixed client), but he cant connect.
      -------------

my parammeters
      wqpro.exe -dedicated 10 -game crmod -deathmatch 1 +pausable 0 -ip 213.141.134.13 -udpport 26000

portmapping on
      26000 -> 213.141.134.13

---------------
      i'm change portmapping, please try again to connect =)

sorry, im ultra bad speek in eng, but i hope u understand me =)
      Last edited by destroyer666; 06-16-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I am able to connect now. So the server is setup properly

/Remember if PocketQuake is not NAT fixed -- and I don't know if it is or isn't -- PocketQuake clients may get stuck on "Connection Accepted" if they are behind a router.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

But i'm connect from my pocket through switch (http://www.bramox.com/sh.jpg), then pocketquake client is nat-fixed or...

Sorry, i'm not understand problem with non-nat fixed clients...

You can look on scheme of my home network, will be problem on this configuration or not?

Comment

The way original Quake does it's initial "handshake" confuses firewalls.

If you find that others have difficulty connecting to your server, let me know.

Comment

I can connect to that server !
              My servers for the gamers:
              bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
              port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
              Offline ATM
              fvf.servequake.com
              flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
              Offline ATM
              newdm.servequake.com
              port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X