How to connect to servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect to servers?

i really want to play other people, but i try to connect and nothing happens. i wanna connect to shmack, as it has the most people, but it just stays in console and i can hear explosions and stuff. any help??

sorrry im a beginner at quakes other than nQuake
    Last edited by xJ0k3Rx; 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM.

you have the maps? might need to goto file downloads on left side and download the ez installer of the quake maps.
    Originally posted by Baker
    Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

Originally posted by xJ0k3Rx View Post
      i really want to play other people, but i try to connect and nothing happens. i wanna connect to shmack, as it has the most people, but it just stays in console and i can hear explosions and stuff. any help??

sorrry im a beginner at quakes other than nQuake
      You'd need registered Quake (not shareware ... nQuake is shareware) + an NQ client like ProQuake, Qrack, DirectQ or DarkPlaces.

You type "connect quake.shmack.net".
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thank u very much stolen and baker i have proquake, i was saying i only kno how to connect to servers thru nQuake.

Comment

arghhh guys it still doesnt work maybe a video? or a link to a video?

Comment

Registered Quake.

NQuake comes with pak0.pak. To play NetQuake, you need pak0.pak and pak1.pak. Pak1.pak is registered Quake and goes in quake\id1 folder (and, well, you are supposed to buy Quake to have that file).

Even without pak1.pak, you should be able to do "connect xctf.clan-rum.org" because it is the sole shareware compatible NQ server.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i can connect to clan rum, but not any other servers, and i do have the maps.

Comment

kimp virus!

Comment

what

Comment

what??

Comment

Working...
                    X