Finding other Quakers to game with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding other Quakers to game with

During my many nights of Insomnia (like tonight), I'm sometimes in the mood for quaking, but when it's 1-4 am, not usually other people on the servers. Is there a good way to find other quakers and ask em' if they're up for a game? An IRC channel or something? If not, maybe someone can get a chat room up on this site somewhere.

So, I'm not sure how to go about finding other players to play when no one's around. I'm not into aim/msn/icq or any of that really.

irc.gamesurge.net #quake1
    This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

I use icq/aim/yahoo/msn to chat with other quakers and setup games. All my contact info is available under my name on the left. I use gaim, as it logs into all these protocols at once. It's an open source chat client that even does irc.
      http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
      uakene.com

Comment

Best thing I can say is use the test command to see who's on what servers before joining them.

test quake.shmack.net
        test bomber.ironrocket.com
        ect.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor
          Best thing I can say is use the test command to see who's on what servers before joining them.
          I'm just hearing about this now!?!??! thanks for the tip! Still sticking with qstat tho but I could make some awesome aliases with this baby

*hugs Quadraptor

Comment

Crusty

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5
              I use icq/aim/yahoo/msn to chat with other quakers and setup games. All my contact info is available under my name on the left. I use gaim, as it logs into all these protocols at once. It's an open source chat client that even does irc.
              http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
              Way to contribute spam bot!

Comment

I still don't seem to have a good way of finding people to play with. I'm almost always looking to Quake during the night when my insomnia is keeping me up. Just not many Quakers on in the middle of the night i suppose.
                Last edited by Adaman; 05-31-2006, 04:08 AM.

Comment

If you want to form matches, just have a list of all the quakers you enjoy quacking with. Then IM each one with a message like "quake? I'm gathering an army here". I usually get 4 players to get myself started and other people will join that preticular server later on just because there's 5 players on it.

Comment

You could always try http://www.quake1.net or gameaholic.com. I believe they list plenty of servers and how busy they are. Hope this helps

Kind regards

Monty
                    Mr.Burns
                    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

For netquake read my sig.
                      "

Comment

I'm always up for a game of Quake every night! Problem for me is the servers. I used gamespy and most of the servers I go into lags really bad. I manage to play a decent match in server that is out in Russia. It was pretty fun, since the guy that lived out there was asking if there is a large Quake 1 fan-base since in Russia it's very small.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Chunky
                          I'm always up for a game of Quake every night! Problem for me is the servers. I used gamespy and most of the servers I go into lags really bad. I manage to play a decent match in server that is out in Russia. It was pretty fun, since the guy that lived out there was asking if there is a large Quake 1 fan-base since in Russia it's very small.

What is the ip of that russian server ?
                          My servers for the gamers:
                          bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                          port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                          Offline ATM
                          fvf.servequake.com
                          flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                          Offline ATM
                          newdm.servequake.com
                          port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                          sigpic

Comment

qstat owns you Fuzznut

woot! I setup conky so I can view my 8 favorite quake servers in real time I love nUbuntu! Thanks to Sole for helping me with the qstat template syntax.

my conky and nUbuntu

.conkyrc
                            Code:
                            $stippled_hr
                            ${color #ddaa00}Quake Servers
                            $color${execi 60 quakestat -Ts .qstat_tmpl -sort n ca.quakeone.com:26001 ca.quakeone.com:26000 ctf.clanhdz.com:26000 quake.shmack.net:26001 quake.shmack.net:26002 bigfoot.quake1.net:26000 banana.essentrix.net:26000 coop.runequake.com:26003}
                            $stippled_hr
                            .qstat_tmpl
                            Code:
                            $(IFNOT:ISEMPTY) $hostName  	$players/$maxPlayers $map

Comment

Working...
                            X