ProQuake Singleplayer Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake Singleplayer Bugs

Hey guys, it's your buddy Quakeman. Tonight, I decided to play some Singleplayer for nostalgic purposes and just because I was in the mood to kill some ogres. Anyway, while playing through, I've found that almost every elevator is bugged. Now what happens is, while riding up the elevator, Quakeman suddenly bangs his head on an invisible ceiling and the elevator goes back down. Luckily, using my particular set of skills, I found that this bug can be shaken off just by jumping through the whole elevator ride

So I went back to playing, seeing that this wasn't exactly a game breaking bug, until now a worse problem on E2m6 occured. When riding up the gold key elevator (the one that goes to 3 floors), I got shot upwards once it stopped on the second floor, taking a HUGE amount of damage. Luckily, having fought demons my entire life, I was able to finish the level despite the games attempts to make me have to complain.

Now this is where I draw the line: once I reached E3M2, the silver rune key, the one that is right in front of you at the start of the level and suppose to drop down the elevator once you try to approach it, does not drop down. This makes the entire level pointless now, it can be beat in less than 20 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully we can get this thing patched up! Thanks guys.
    Oh yeah, and it is the newest version of ProQuake, 4.
    Last edited by Quakeman5; 12-12-2015, 11:50 PM. Reason: Gave client version

Skynet has taken over your quake client. There's no help for you. I would recommend torching your PC ASAP.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad new.

Comment

I think I have the exact same bugs. But don't let them deter you, Qman must succeed lol

For the elevator, what worked for me is staying perfecting still in the center of it and not moving, then it will go up. If you go to any of the sides, you will encounter that bug, take damage and go back down grr

Also if you really get stuck and can't reach your destination, bring up the console with the tilde "~" key and input the word 'noclip' and press enter. This will allow you to pass through the elevator or whatever structures to reach your intended destination

Lastly, I played through the game but with a previous pq version, so I can't comment exactly why that is happening or how to avoid it. You can try reloading the level, so maybe you can pass the trigger point successfully and the key would go down.

I never heard of this particular bug before tho but you encountered it. If nothing works with pq, continue on with darkplaces. If you don't want to play the whole game over just input the level name to continue from there.

You might encounter another bug towards the end but I don't remember exactly on which client, where at the very end of the game, the hole in the floor to Shub-naggurath (excuse the spelling lol) would not appear, so I couldn't proceed.

In such case you can use the level code for the end map, 'map end' but I do think if you use dp, you might not encounter these bugs

But yea, go on and finish the game, it wouldn't be quakeman-like if you don't hehe
      Last edited by Gem; 12-13-2015, 12:31 AM. Reason: correction
      The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

72 fps is Quake frames per second.

If your frames per second exceeds 72, physics bugs like elevators that can hurt you will happen in single player (i.e. you are the server).

This occurs in any classic-like client (WinQuake, Quakespasm, JoeQuake, ProQuake, Qrack, etc.)
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

If your frames per second exceeds 72, physics bugs like elevators that can hurt you will happen in single player (i.e. you are the server).

This occurs in any classic-like client (WinQuake, Quakespasm, JoeQuake, ProQuake, Qrack, etc.)
          To add to that, you can easily cap your frame rate by turning on vsync in the options. This will cap the frame rate at 60 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

YES! This was the problem, I thought making the fps 250 seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I've learned my lesson! I just tested the Vaults of Zin silver key glitch, it is now fixed! Thank you kindly!

And thank you for your words of inspiration Gem! Good to see you here too Pie Guy

Comment

ok but you need to up your frames again to play online, don't forget to do that, you don't wanna play online with 72fps
              The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Iirc, in Qrack sv_maxfps fixes the physic bugs when using cl_maxfps > 72.
                just set it to equal your cl_maxfps. DirectQ totally fixed this by separating the client and server timings.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X