Very cool! -window -fullscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool! -window -fullscreen

I just tried out a "windowed fullscreen" feature with aguirRe's Enhanced GL Quake (http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/) and I love it.

With Enhanced GLQuake, you can do -window -fullscreen and, provided you use the same resolution as your desktop, if you press Tilde to go to the console you mouse out of the Window!

Not everyone will find this useful, but I use a dual monitor setup and if I move my mouse off the left side of the screen, my mouse point appears on my 2nd monitor. This means Quake can be open and fullscreen at the same time without the title bar and you can move window to window easily as well, plus alt-tabbing is very rapid.

Enhanced GLQuake is geared towards single player and works very well for that purpose, and also has a number of great features in regard to mapping. It supports fog, skyboxes, high resolution textures (.tga), has interpolation and brightness controls (I don't think it supports color lights, but I might be wrong about this and few custom maps use them anyway).

(There is also a WinQuake version, I tried this feature with the command line c:\quake\winquake.exe -startwindowed -fullscreen but couldn't get the fullscreen feature to work, it's probably just user error on my part.)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I'm glad you liked it But you don't need the -fullscreen option (it isn't even an option that I know of). The windowed "fullscreen" feature works in WinQuake too, but it's a bit more tricky, as WQ doesn't use the width/height cmd line options; it uses the setting from the config file or via autoexec.

Try to add:

vid_stretch_by_2 0
    vid_config_x 1280
    vid_config_y 960
    vid_mode 2

in autoexec along with the -startwindowed cmd line option you already have. This should do the trick (replace the 1280/960 resolution with your current one).

Running WQ in higher resolutions is unfortunately a bit CPU intensive though, so maybe this feature isn't as useful as with GL.

Comment

Originally posted by aguirRe View Post
      I'm glad you liked it But you don't need the -fullscreen option (it isn't even an option that I know of).
      Hehehe :d But, hey, it worked! Alright, I guess I don't need that
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X