Possible client suggesetions for coders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible client suggesetions for coders

Has anyone ever thought of implementing a voice communication system into a quake client? Sort of like the one in HL? I think that would make teamplay so much better.

Also, would it be possible to add a background box behind the scoreboard so it's easier to read when there is text behind it? A good example would be rage.quakeone.com and the menu that it runs for picking teams. I know most of the newer QW clients impliment this and it's much better on the eyes.

If I knew the slightest thing about coding I would do it myself. It's just not my forte.

--
    geto
    Last edited by getogamer; 11-25-2006, 09:21 AM.
    getogamer

I've done some version of VOIP but the output is really choppy and I can't fix the filler between pauses. Still, if you have a question I may have an answer.

Comment

next qrack

like this?

next release soon
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Nice! Yes that's perfect. Looking forward to the release.
        getogamer

Comment

Originally posted by getogamer View Post
          Has anyone ever thought of implementing a voice communication system into a quake client? Sort of like the one in HL? I think that would make teamplay so much better.
          Oh god ... please NO! Heheh

Quake is the one game where you DON'T have to wear headphones! The lack of team communication and the peace and quiet of Quake is the one things that makes it special ... other than the shitty graphics, hehe :d :d :d
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Baker has a point. The only game that made VOIP somewhat useful was Metal Gear Online. I can't stand the chitchat that happens in Counter Strike.

Comment

Another way to look at it would be that better team communication would result in better teamplay. A team could co-ordinate it's efforts better, acting as a unit as best they can, as opposed to a couple of dudes running around wiht their own agendas.

Think of the 9 vs DR games of long ago. Using say_team binds, the team members kept each other informed about what items they had taken (so the team didn't waste their time travelling to an area to grab something that won't be back for a while), they synchronised attacks on the Quad, decided who most needed a certain item, and so forth.

Sure, it was say_team binds (and primitive ones at that when you consider what third-party engines like ProQuake are capable of), but it was team communication.
              #Quake1

Comment

there is ventrillo (or something like this) but the bad thing is that in ClanArena, the players OBSERViNG can talk to the player playing...
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X