ProQuake 3.95: Digitally signed for cheat-free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake 3.95: Digitally signed for cheat-free

This is the first official update of ProQuake since 2002. Digitally signed for use on cheat-free servers.

Download: ProQuake 3.95 - 0.8 MB

Source code is available here.

Three versions:

wqpro395.exe
    glpro395.exe
    d3dpro395.exe (Direct 3D build, may work if you cannot use glpro)

Main features of ProQuake 3.95:

Change video resolution on the fly (except d3dpro)
    Change brightness in-game
    Quake name maker
    Full-time support for 8 mouse buttons
    Turn demos into AVI movies easily
    q_version support (say q_version in-game and clients report version)
    Automatically play any .dem demo file by clicking it (in Explorer, on Internet, etc.)
    ALT-TAB doesn't mess up your screen (affected certain video cards)
    FOV fix that (affected certain video cards)
    Turn vsync on or off
    Optional non-annoying invisibility ring effect (set draw weapon to always)
    Advanced Settings Menu
    Adjust sound volume with -/+
    Demo rewind/fast forward capability (press PGUP/PGDN during playback)
    Optional centered crosshair (set crosshair to ON for old off-centered one)
    "Non-fat gun" option as Monster calls it (set weapon style to darkplaces)
    Adjust conwidth in real-time (vid_conwidth 640, vid_conwidth 9999, etc.)
    Many other nice and subtle improvements
    I need to make some nice documentation for this project to easily explain how to take advantage of the subtle changes and conveniences.

For those who have long set their config to read-only, I would strongly recommend no longer using that because everything that should save to your config, does save.

Special thanks to JP Grossman for entrusting me with the continuation of ProQuake.

Short list of known issues, which will be fixed:

1. On rare occasions, vid_conwidth gets confused. Type vid_conwidth 9999.
    2. International keyboard support and the keypad aren't playing nice. US players are unaffected by this.
    3. Animation smoothing, which is off by default and not in the menu, can produce a blink effect every once in a while in very specific (and fairly uncommon) circumstances.

d3dpro is unsupported

The d3dpro, which is derived from D3DQuake, is unsupported. It acts up sometimes and, among other things, hates ALT-TAB. Still, if you can't use glpro due to video card driver issues and d3dpro works, you will be very happy.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I looked at compiling this on linux and the files compile ok, but I get lots of link errors, mostly about hw gamma stuff. It looks like you put all the hwgamma code into gl_vidnt.c which doesn't get compiled in the linux build. Here is a complete list of all the link errors:

> make -f Makefile

gcc -g -O2 -o glquake_glx glquake_glx-cl_demo.o glquake_glx-cl_input.o glquake_glx-cl_main.o glquake_glx-cl_parse.o glquake_glx-cl_tent.o glquake_glx-chase.o glquake_glx-cmd.o glquake_glx-common.o glquake_glx-console.o glquake_glx-crc.o glquake_glx-cvar.o glquake_glx-gl_draw.o glquake_glx-gl_mesh.o glquake_glx-gl_model.o glquake_glx-gl_refrag.o glquake_glx-gl_rlight.o glquake_glx-gl_rmain.o glquake_glx-gl_rmisc.o glquake_glx-gl_rsurf.o glquake_glx-gl_screen.o glquake_glx-gl_test.o glquake_glx-gl_warp.o glquake_glx-gl_vidlinuxglx.o glquake_glx-host.o glquake_glx-host_cmd.o glquake_glx-iplog.o glquake_glx-keys.o glquake_glx-location.o glquake_glx-matrix.o glquake_glx-menu.o glquake_glx-mathlib.o glquake_glx-net_dgrm.o glquake_glx-net_main.o glquake_glx-net_loop.o glquake_glx-net_vcr.o glquake_glx-net_udp.o glquake_glx-net_bsd.o glquake_glx-pr_cmds.o glquake_glx-pr_edict.o glquake_glx-pr_exec.o glquake_glx-r_part.o glquake_glx-sbar.o glquake_glx-security.o glquake_glx-sv_main.o glquake_glx-sv_phys.o glquake_glx-sv_move.o glquake_glx-sv_user.o glquake_glx-zone.o glquake_glx-view.o glquake_glx-wad.o glquake_glx-world.o glquake_glx-cd_linux.o glquake_glx-sys_linux.o glquake_glx-snd_dma.o glquake_glx-snd_mem.o glquake_glx-snd_mix.o glquake_glx-snd_linux.o glquake_glx-math.o glquake_glx-worlda.o glquake_glx-snd_mixa.o glquake_glx-sys_dosa.o -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lGL -lX11 -lXext -ldl -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lm
    glquake_glx-gl_rmain.o: In function `R_Clear':
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1511: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1512: undefined reference to `vid_hwgamma_enabled'
    glquake_glx-gl_rmain.o: In function `R_BrightenScreen':
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1181: undefined reference to `vid_hwgamma_enabled'
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1185: undefined reference to `vid_gamma'
    glquake_glx-gl_rmain.o: In function `R_PolyBlend':
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1099: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    /pq395/gl_rmain.c:1100: undefined reference to `vid_hwgamma_enabled'
    glquake_glx-gl_screen.o: In function `VID_Conwidth_Reset':
    /pq395/gl_screen.c:419: undefined reference to `vid_height'
    /pq395/gl_screen.c:420: undefined reference to `vid_width'
    glquake_glx-gl_screen.o: In function `SCR_UpdateScreen':
    /pq395/gl_screen.c:1111: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    /pq395/gl_screen.c:1173: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    glquake_glx-host.o: In function `Host_WriteConfig':
    /pq395/host.c:350: undefined reference to `VID_SyncCvars'
    glquake_glx-menu.o: In function `M_Pref_AdjustSliders':
    /pq395/menu.c:1977: undefined reference to `cl_keypad'
    /pq395/menu.c:2001: undefined reference to `vid_vsync'
    /pq395/menu.c:2053: undefined reference to `m_directinput'
    glquake_glx-menu.o: In function `M_AdjustSliders':
    /pq395/menu.c:1281: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    glquake_glx-menu.o: In function `M_Options_Key':
    /pq395/menu.c:1533: undefined reference to `video_options_disabled'
    glquake_glx-menu.o: In function `M_Pref_Options_Draw':
    /pq395/menu.c:2091: undefined reference to `cl_keypad'
    /pq395/menu.c:2099: undefined reference to `vid_vsync'
    /pq395/menu.c:2107: undefined reference to `IN_DirectInputON'
    glquake_glx-menu.o: In function `M_Options_Draw':
    /pq395/menu.c:1436: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    /pq395/menu.c:1478: undefined reference to `video_options_disabled'
    glquake_glx-zone.o: In function `Q_strdup':
    /pq395/zone.c:106: undefined reference to `_strdup'
    glquake_glx-view.o: In function `V_CalcBlend':
    /pq395/view.c:525: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    glquake_glx-view.o: In function `V_UpdatePaletteOld':
    /pq395/view.c:785: undefined reference to `VID_ShiftPaletteOld'
    glquake_glx-view.o: In function `V_UpdatePaletteNew':
    /pq395/view.c:660: undefined reference to `vid_hwgamma_enabled'
    /pq395/view.c:669: undefined reference to `vid_gamma'
    /pq395/view.c:660: undefined reference to `vid_hwgamma_enabled'
    /pq395/view.c:690: undefined reference to `VID_SetDeviceGammaRamp'
    /pq395/view.c:672: undefined reference to `vid_gamma'
    glquake_glx-view.o: In function `V_RenderView':
    /pq395/view.c:1228: undefined reference to `using_hwgamma'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [glquake_glx] Error 1
    "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

Mith, getting your existing proquake linux compile digitally signed -- which I have -- is a priority. You'll get that tomorrow evening.

As far as ProQuake 3.95 goes, I know it will not compile on Linux because I haven't worked on video files for Linux and the heavy changes everywhere to support gamma and resolution changing. The 3.80 version (which doesn't have these features) should either compile or be very, very close.

Working on the Linux version of this will soon become a higher priority.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Great work Baker!

Quick question, in my config file I have

bind = "say_team I have Strength Rune"
        bind - "say_team I have Resist Rune"

but when I try to use these keys for my say macros, it's instead given over to "volumeup" and "volumedown", respectively.

Comment

Add -nosoundkeys to your command line.

Comment

cool, thx.

couple quick questions:

I seem to recall that at one point you had implemented the centered crosshair feature, is that still there?

Also, how do the vid_conwidth and vid_conheight variables work? I'm using a resolution of 1680x1050, and when i set vid_conwidth to 1 it looks like my console resolution gets set to 320x200; I can't, however, figure out how to get console resolutions somewhere in between 1680 and 320.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
              I seem to recall that at one point you had implemented the centered crosshair feature, is that still there?
              Go to Advanced Settings. Crosshair has 3 settings: OFF, ON (Classic off-centered), CENTERED.

Also, how do the vid_conwidth and vid_conheight variables work? I'm using a resolution of 1680x1050, and when i set vid_conwidth to 1 it looks like my console resolution gets set to 320x200; I can't, however, figure out how to get console resolutions somewhere in between 1680 and 320.
              vid_conwidth is the HUD resolution and console resolution. Doing vid_conwidth 640 displays the HUD at 640 width x an appropriate height. For your resolution of 1680, I would do either vid_conwidth 840 or vid_conwidth 1680.

For those accustomed to Qrack, JoeQuake or Quakeworld clients, this is just a way to do -conwidth. But for those that are not used to this, I do feel this is too complicated.

In 3.96, the conwidth will merely have 3 settings in the menu (50%, 100% and 640 classic).

Comment

baker, you should also make a setting for console text size. I like having a low console HUD resolution so that the health/armor/current ammo numbers are large (eg, a 320 console resolution), but at the same time have the console text be what it would be if the console resolution was at 640.

Comment

I'll think about this some more. I have looked into that.

There was a time when I think Rook, LordHavoc and I were all on Dredd once and I listened to their philosophies on the display :d :d

Comment

baker, will you digitally sign my tits?

Comment

baker, i think the crosshair "centered" and "classic" options in the menu might be reversed, ie, when you select "centered" you actually get the "classic" location for the crosshair, and vice versa.

Comment

Does this version have the option to disallow .dem file association?

Comment

baker i'm having problems with the d3d version. i'm setting my resolution through the command line with a shortcut just like i did with glpro, but it won't accept the resolution

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                            Does this version have the option to disallow .dem file association?
                            Not yet.

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                            baker i'm having problems with the d3d version. i'm setting my resolution through the command line with a shortcut just like i did with glpro, but it won't accept the resolution
                            Unfortunately, I have to stick to this part ...

d3dpro is unsupported
                            I have noticed that the Direct3D version can have unpredictable results from 1 computer to the next. Too many factors outside my control exist (Direct3D drivers version, video card drivers, etc.) for me to be able to support the Direct3D version at this time.

I will say it works well on the computer I use; but acts strange on my laptop.

Comment

Any idea why my sensitivity is completely different than in gl 3.5? When I use 3.95 my sensitivity is set the same, yet it feels so slow compared to 3.5

Comment

Working...
                              X