custom dpmod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom dpmod

is it possible to customize what "updated features" load when playing dpmod, like say i wanted the footstep sounds and the new torch effects, but still wanted the hud weapons centered and the single player to play exactly like old quake. basically i want it to play like old quake but have it look and sound like dpmod. is this possible

thanx in advance

Originally posted by thechadisgr8 View Post
    is it possible to customize what "updated features" load when playing dpmod, like say i wanted the footstep sounds and the new torch effects, but still wanted the hud weapons centered and the single player to play exactly like old quake. basically i want it to play like old quake but have it look and sound like dpmod. is this possible

thanx in advance
    In short, no. You'd have to mess around with the QuakeC for dpmod and recompile it and unless you want to spend a month learning QuakeC ... you get the idea.

However, the right handed weapons are just models. If you delete them (v_rock.mdl, v_nail.mdl and every other v_*.mdl file) out of the dpmod folder then it *should* use the normal centered weapons. I only say should because I haven't checked, but I'm about 85% confident in the answer.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes it is possible actually. Someone had created some mods which allowed you to just have footsteps and fire. I should be able to dig up the link when I get home. I'll post it then.

Comment

sweet thanx dude, i really like the dpmod but would prefer to finish the single player first, i know i'm severely out of date lol
        oh btw any experience with 5.1 sound i found the cvar for it but am unsure as to which # to put in, it say it will accept 1-8 but if i have 5.1 do i put 5, 5.1 or 6
        thanx again
        Last edited by thechadisgr8; 07-10-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I think you put 5, but I'd wait for an official answer from LH...
          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

well i've looked through pretty much every google result that came up and can't find anything, basically what i'm trying to do i have all the dpmod improvements (look, sound, etc) 'cept have quake play exactly the way it was intended too

Comment

well, thes always the long way round, that is going thru the files and finding wut the offset models[or wut it was u wanted?] names are removing them naming the models[etc] that u want to use the same names as the ones u tAKe out, try that i guess to see if it workx?

Comment

Tried Some Of That But It's Not Just Taking Out/puting In Models, For Instance The Grunts And Ogers Have Chainguns Lol, Can't Do Much With That

Comment

Originally posted by thechadisgr8 View Post
                  well i've looked through pretty much every google result that came up and can't find anything, basically what i'm trying to do i have all the dpmod improvements (look, sound, etc) 'cept have quake play exactly the way it was intended too
                  It would probably be easier to modify DPMod to be more like Quake.

Each monster has its own file, and in there you can cahnge what weapons they have (as well as monster health and what they drop) back to what Quake has. Then you'd need to change the file with all of the numerical definitions (I forget which one, and can't loook at the moment) to change all of the numbers to match Quake's numbers. Then there's some other stuff as well that you'd need to do...
                  16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                  16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Right, I couldn't find the original website where I found the files, but I do have them. The handle used by the person who created them is listed in the Readme's as Seven. The three mods I have are: FootstepsPlusNewfire.zip, FootstepsPlusNewfirePlusNailpositon.zip, and FootstepsSeven.zip. I could upload them if anyone still wants them only I don't know how.

Comment

Shubhub!!!!!

Comment

hell yea still interested , i guess shub hub would be the best place, http://shub-hub.com/index.cgi?action=listfiles

Comment

The files are uploaded under gfx.
                          Just to give you a heads up, I have had some minor trouble with loading games saved while using these. Usually just restarting the map from the beginning resolves it.

Comment

Working...
                          X