DirectQ 1.9.0 Won't Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectQ 1.9.0 Won't Load

I just downloaded version 1.9.0 excited to finally be able to play with my controller.

Unfortunately, it won't load beyond the splash screen. I get this error:

D3DHLSL_LoadEffect: Fatal error compliling Master Shader 0
    C:\Quake\memory(642,29): error x3004: Undeclared identifier 'NumBatchInstances'
    C:\Quake\memory(642,8 ): error x3074: 'PartInstancePosition': implicit array missing initial value

I'm on a Dell Mini 9 with XP sp3 and I have updated to the latest Direct X and the Visual C++ Runtimes.

Any help would be great.
    Last edited by Hipnotic Rogue; 03-28-2012, 01:56 PM.
    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Your error sounds DirectX related. Check Xdiag.exe(Direct X diagnostics)

Sorry, I'm complaining about a DirectQ error also!

Whenever I run the latest DirectQ I get the error message "Sn unhandled exception occurred" I've been unable to play DirectQ for a while now.

Windows XP
    DirectX 9.0c(jan?)
    Nvidia 7800 256MB

Any help or suggestions?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Thanks for responding. I've run DXDiag and everything is fine. No errors and everything's signed...

Re your error: Boy, that's a vague error statement! Must be a Windoze issue...

Comment

Originally posted by PFL View Post
        Thanks for responding. I've run DXDiag and everything is fine. No errors and everything's signed...

Re your error: Boy, that's a vague error statement! Must be a Windoze issue...

Try reinstalling DirectX, can't hurt.....

I only use Windows XP for Quake!
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

The NumBatchInstances error is coming from startup code related to the particle system; I've no idea right now how or why it's failing (it shouldn't be) but there is useful info in your post to help me troubleshoot it.

Regarding the startup crash, the only thing I can suggest is that there might be a bad setting in a cfg file or some custom content it doesn't like. It's worth taking a copy of your ID1 folder, cleaning out everything (and I do mean absolutely everything) aside from the PAK files, and seeing if it runs with that.
          IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for looking. BTW: the smiley with the shades is actually meant to be the number '8'. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Try reinstalling DirectX, can't hurt.....

I only use Windows XP for Quake!
              I had tried re-installing but it made no difference, unfortunately.

I use XP for everything.

Comment

I've been having the same/similar problem since version 1.8.4. It's the last version I've been able to get running. I'm also on Windows xp and have tried updating and uninstalling/re-installing DirectX. All with no luck so far.

Comment

I use 1.8.8 patch, but I've done forgot why I don't use 1.9

I think I shall re-attempt it.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

^
                    Let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

It loaded with out a hitch :/
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It's good to know that it works for you.

Is it possible for you to test a controller on it, at all? I'm curious to find out how well it performs.

Comment

I have two controllers, a xbox360 and a Saitek. I'll test both for you, I have been meaning to work on MW3 + Xpadder anyway,so I'll see what turns up in 1.9 w/ controller support. I read that the newest DirectQ will have native Xbox360 controller support (Awesome news,friend of mine is a heavy 360 gamer)

Comment

I tried using xi hit tab, and like MH wrote here

Inside3d Forums • View topic - DirectQ 1.9.0

but neither one of the controllers I have worked, I tried adding the x360ce files and didn't get it to work, still trying hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              I have two controllers, a xbox360 and a Saitek. I'll test both for you, I have been meaning to work on MW3 + Xpadder anyway,so I'll see what turns up in 1.9 w/ controller support. I read that the newest DirectQ will have native Xbox360 controller support (Awesome news,friend of mine is a heavy 360 gamer)
                              Is there a way to connect the usual wireless XBox 360 controller to a PC?

My first preference would be to not have to go buy a corded one.
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                              X