Quakespasm admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quakespasm admin?

Ok, I'm trying to play my Frogbots in Quakespasm and when I try to add a bot it tells me that I "do not have admin privileges" and nothing happens. How do I fix this?

setup the admin in the server's config.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
      setup the admin in the server's config.
      All right, but could you be a little more specific? I used to really be on top of all the shit but after time away from the game my knowledge of various commands has escaped me. Thanks!

FYI: I'm just running my own offline game using Quakespasm.

Comment

Look in the mod folder,there should be cfg's for the server, set it up by reading them you may also have to set permissions on your OS to let you edit them.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

That Frogbots mod is very touchy, it was written by a Russian who kind of took things to the absolute maximum in a way that is a bit fragile.

You might have to start it with -game xxxx with Quakespasm.

There is a chance it may not work with Quakespasm at all.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
            Look in the mod folder,there should be cfg's for the server, set it up by reading them you may also have to set permissions on your OS to let you edit them.
            There is no mod folder for quakespasm and there are no cfgs for the server in the frogbot folder.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            That Frogbots mod is very touchy, it was written by a Russian who kind of took things to the absolute maximum in a way that is a bit fragile.

You might have to start it with -game xxxx with Quakespasm.

There is a chance it may not work with Quakespasm at all.
            I'm afraid that may be the case, which is a bummer because Quakespasm seems to run way smoother than Proquake runs. Proquake is so jerky on this system, unfortunately. Lots of mouse lag and graphic shredding, etc. I already am starting my bots via "-game xxxx" in the command line for Quakespasm.

Comment

Perhaps these bots instead:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...t-waypack.html
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
              X