Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R00k - Dredd intermission voting please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R00k - Dredd intermission voting please!

This is basically for R00k or Bam both could accomplish this idea I bet but anyway.

Since Dredd is the only server running steady with the CAX map rotation feature I would like the idea if at the end of the match or "Intermission" if you prefer theres an option to KEEP this map or NEXT MAP! and it would be basicaly like choosing teams only the choices would be KEEP/REMATCH or NEXT.

This would give non admin'd players the ability to jump back to a map if they enjoyed it and still keep things as neutral as possible. Since Dredd doesn't play DM3 I don't see a problem with lamers always voting the same map, all the maps get play time on Dredd even if some players don't like the map much.

Its just an idea lemme know what you guys think. This is open for public discussion of course so I'd like to get other people's ideas, thoughts and suggestions on this and probably even more info so we can make CAX an even funner MOD!

P.S
    R00k.. I don't hear jeopardy yet (inside joke)
    Last edited by Phenom; 05-27-2007, 05:57 AM. Reason: Accidently spelled everything in Klingon :O
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

yea I got 1.7 and still cant rotate :/

Comment

I like Frenzy's idea of the same map playing 3 times in a row without intermission before moving to the next map.

But, it seems like some more thinking should be done to figure out the best solution. Intermission does not last long enough for that to a good time for map voting.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        This is basically for R00k or Bam both could accomplish this idea I bet but anyway.

Since Dredd is the only server running steady with the CAX map rotation feature I would like the idea if at the end of the match or "Intermission" if you prefer theres an option to KEEP this map or NEXT MAP! and it would be basicaly like choosing teams only the choices would be KEEP/REMATCH or NEXT.

This would give non admin'd players the ability to jump back to a map if they enjoyed it and still keep things as neutral as possible. Since Dredd doesn't play DM3 I don't see a problem with lamers always voting the same map, all the maps get play time on Dredd even if some players don't like the map much.

Its just an idea lemme know what you guys think. This is open for public discussion of course so I'd like to get other people's ideas, thoughts and suggestions on this and probably even more info so we can make CAX an even funner MOD!

P.S
        R00k.. I don't hear jeopardy yet (inside joke)
        yes'd
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I like the idea of every match ending in a map rotation. It keeps the server fresh

Comment

vote is a good idea. what about even vote, like 4-4? next map? and about intermission time, I agree it would be nice to extend it just a little so more communication can be done.
            It's always a good day when you get laid...

Comment

do you mean pl_down taxi? or setstartplayers or whatever
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I think taxi is possibly making a vote for a map and a setstartplayers.. anyway I did add the admin option to have a fixed amount of players at start of match.
                I'll work on the vote for nextmap, or stay on current at end of game. Maybe a hybrid, 3 matches per map maximum or the vote for next though, u can always use NEXTMAP command to vote to next level, yet it's not automatically presented to the players so they might not know this command exists.

But as baker suggests there isnt enough time during intermission.
                With out map rotation, there is always the possibility between matchs to vote for new map. Yet, as we all know, these votes go ignored. I'm not sure how the vote yes for newmap/ vote no for stay on this map will work. But i'm sure we can work out an intuitive system ...
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X