Mix and match mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix and match mods

Is there a way to rip specific parts of a mod out and use them with another mod? What I want to do is get the monsters from DPmod and use them with FvF.
    A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory...

That is a better question for either Inside3D.com (forum with QuakeC emphasis) or possibly Func_Msgboard (http://www.celephais.net/board) where a lot of single player development goes on.

That being said, without the source code for FvF, there does not seem to be a way that would be able to accomplish this. (i.e., you can't modify source code you do not have).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Baker's right and at Inside3D you can also view snippets of code that can prove to be very useful when introducing new werapons/monsters etc. In all fairness I have to say that in my [limited] experience the coders are generally quite helpful and if you politely ask the author of that mod (not quite sure who wrote fvf maybe Rocket guy?) they may be kind enough to send you the bits you need.

As an example, I'm working with a number of people on a similar project updating and later merging an older multiplayer mod, and the original author and a coder from the states have been nothing but helpful and friendly. sending me the original source and offering help and advice and new bits of code where needed. So good luck

Kind regards

Monty
      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-30-2007, 08:34 AM.
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
      X