36 hours to solve JoeQuake/Qrack issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 hours to solve JoeQuake/Qrack issue

For the next 36 hours, I have a machine that can't run Qrack or JoeQuake GL (or ezQuake or FuhQuake or even ZQuake or MQWCL) but can run GLQuake/ProQuake/FitzQuake/DarkPlaces/FTEQW. It has an Intel Integrated Media controller.

I will be custom compiling JoeQuake 0.15 dev and have an idea on how to determine the origin of the problem by having all OpenGL calls also output a code to a text file.

It is my belief that these Intel Integrated Media controllers are most display adapters (I'm almost sure this is true).

Quake stands little chance of growing if it can't run properly on the majority of computers.

Maybe I will be lucky and will be able to identify what causes JoeQuake to not on these machines.

I have also run across an Intel machine that CAN run JoeQuake 0.14 but I noticed many rendering issues (ugh!). They weren't terrible problems but it was annoying nevertheless.

Maybe if this type of research is successful, I can find out why DarkPlaces will not run on my Radeon laptop.

I have to say that it is irritating to no end that there are really no engines that always work on any computer that has properly installed video drivers and hopefully I can help reduce that problem.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Keep up the good work Baker. If there's anything we can do please let us know.

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

A vast majority of computer users today buy prebuilt systems, and a vast majority of prebuilt systems do ship with Intel integrated graphics controllers. Nor everyone trusts themselves enough to plug in a full blown graphics card.

@ Baker--best of luck to you, make a trip to Starbucks and get a couple Lattes and Espresso brownies :p
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X