Toxic Refinery Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Refinery Deathmatch

Haven't been mapping for too long, but this one I am pleased with, and is probably my first successful map. Item placement probably isn't the best, and I may have gone a bit over board with the torches.
    there isn't much in the line of anything "Toxic" which means a second may need to be made, if this is the case, I will edit this post.

: Download :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/njxmz3mqzwl7gay/ToxDM01.bsp

: Screenshots : :EDIT: I uploaded the screenshots to mediafire to hopefully make them visible.

Note: I'm going to start using Dropbox more often than Mediafire for any future maps.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Reaku; 05-15-2014, 08:32 AM.

hey there were certainly plenty of torches, but i still liked it hehe! gj sir.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Screenshots are not visible. Dropbox had an issue with external links, so you might wanna check that and repost them.

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

Originally posted by Chip View Post
        Screenshots are not visible. Dropbox had an issue with external links, so you might wanna check that and repost them.
        They're showing up for me just fine, though I'm the one who posted them. What browser are you using? It could be an issue with your cookies needing a wipe.

Comment

Just for info the screenshots are missing for me too using Firefox 25.0.0.1 and IE. It's not a problem for me as I've already tried the map but I just thought I would mention it
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Reaku View Post
            They're showing up for me just fine, though I'm the one who posted them. What browser are you using? It could be an issue with your cookies needing a wipe.
            I'll probably play the map tonight, I just wanted to see the screenshots.

It's not a browser issue, it's a Dropbox permission issue. Can you upload them somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
              Just for info the screenshots are missing for me too using Firefox 25.0.0.1 and IE. It's not a problem for me as I've already tried the map but I just thought I would mention it
              Originally posted by Chip View Post
              I'll probably play the map tonight, I just wanted to see the screenshots.

It's not a browser issue, it's a Dropbox permission issue. Can you upload them somewhere else?
              I can upload the screenshots to mediafire, but mediafire likes to break the images some times. It wont take very long to do.

Comment

They work now.

Comment

What he said ^^^^^^
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Looks well lit and clean! Have you done any testing on it? For your first map, you should do a few matches with people before you declare it finished. I haven't played deathmatch in a while but i'm willing to help out if needed. =)

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
                      Looks well lit and clean! Have you done any testing on it? For your first map, you should do a few matches with people before you declare it finished. I haven't played deathmatch in a while but i'm willing to help out if needed. =)
                      I haven't tested it out, mostly just ran around it to see how the flow went, it's a very early developed map, so calling it finished at this point isn't going to hurt much. I know it's far from perfect, but I have more to learn.
                      As for testing, I don't have anyone else to test these maps with, be it I would happily test using bots, as long as their pathing isn't complete garbage.

Comment

you could make a server, and let peeps know. if im available, ill test, high point out not lol.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                          you could make a server, and let peeps know. if im available, ill test, high point out not lol.
                          That's one of my problems, I can't really host anymore, either I get port forwarding, or the connection where I am decides that I've been having too much fun online, and things it's time to stop working.

Comment

1) not bad, man! I think your lighting is pretty good. Maybe too much geometry here or there but you definitely show promise.

2) I don't remember where the thread is but Spike recently posted how you can host through google groups or something if you use FTE. Maybe that will solve your problem. I'm not really educated on that matter so I'm just throwing it out there.
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

regarding what madgypsy said:
                              http://triptohell.info/moodles/win32/fteglqw.exe + http://triptohell.info/moodles/win32...ug_xmppx86.dll
                              put the dll in your quake dir alongside the exe and run the exe.
                              then use this console command 'xmpp /connect'. You should get an account menu. Then a password prompt or something. I don't remember. :s
                              Once it has successfully logged in, your gmail contacts should be listed. The [links] are clickable, use the mouse to click them on the console.
                              If one of you hosts, the other should see a [join] link appear. The host will need to [accept]. The two engines will then share address info and try to establish a connection.
                              use the 'xmpp' command on its own to see these links if they've been spammed off the console by other stuff.

I remember google claiming that this method works 90% of the time. the other 10% requires proxying and this is not supported by the plugin yet, so it may still fail.

other xmpp servers should work too, so long as they have standard auth methods (ie: not msn, good luck with that) and are full implementations (ie: not facebook, which should support chat but won't be able to holepunch). ejabberd-based servers should work fine.

for the luls, you can xmpp /set avatars 1 to see their mugshot or whatever (please try to contain your laughter when you see their photo or they might get insulted). Their mugshot will currently only appear on mouse-overs.
                              if you start chatting with someone, you can use the '/sendfile filename' command. the file transfer will be slow. very slow. but hey, slow is faster than crashing out because irc clients suck.
                              anyway, figure it out yourself.
                              amg! offtopic!
                              Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                              X