Quake MP2:DoE - Multi-Grenade Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake MP2:DoE - Multi-Grenade Launcher

UPDATED VERSION RELEASED IN WEAPONS PACK!
    VISIT THIS POST FOR IT
    HERE

Progess Link - Check out for more screens

Well done it. Also comes with a G_Model in the pk3. Keep in mind that there is NO g_model in the game as is - so the model will be unused. It's just a bonus for those who may want to use this aside from in Mission Pack 2 - renaming the mdl's and done and will have a g_model to go with. I am also planning on making it have it's own g_model by editing the progs.dat.

The Grenade is basically 100% true to the original. Kept close to same color, lighting. I added a few "extras" as the top just seemed so boring. So I threw a mini might and object on top lol.

Original:

Mine:

***Download Here***
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LambentHammerBurst; 01-14-2011, 11:41 PM.

Hello OoPpEe,

Thank you for sharing your work again !

Though I must ask you, why you start a "Work In Progress" thread,
    when you usualy bring your finished product 24hours later ?
    If someone doesnt look in this forum for 1 day he will not notice it.

I just replied to your WIP and saw that you already did it. lol
    You are simply too fast for this world...

All the Best for you and keep ´em coming.

Warms Regards,
    Seven.

Comment

Thanks again ooppee for your work, looks dope. Keep it up, can't wait to see the rest of your works.
      FPS Source Ports

Comment

Thanks
        Also I do like to hear of any improvements some may want on ANY of my released content. I am open to (constructive) criticism.

I am also going to make a PT2 of this. However it WILL require a new progs.dat

It's always annoyed me how the grenades spawned from the "parent" grenade are exactly the same. Like how is a grenade suppose to spawn 5 of itself?
        So the edited QC will have a added model for the "bomblets". Will use my current grenade for the one fired from the weapon and then a new model for the clusters. I have the code done already as it simply required editing 1 part of the code and then 1 added line (to pre-cache the new model). So once the new model is done I will release it. I am making 2 models - one in normal Q1 format and a high-res model.

Comment

Hello ooppee,

you write:
          Also I do like to hear of any improvements some may want on ANY of my released content. I am open to (constructive) criticism.
          First of all:
          You get alarming little feedback.
          That is just the problem I described in one of my PM´s to you.
          I know you (just like myself) do these things mainly for ourselves, but 20+ downloads with only 2 or 3 feedbacks is quite sad...

I always tweak your skins a little to match my personal idea.
          For example: I use parts of your blueish Mjolnir "Alternative" in the plasma gun skin.
          I think personal likings differ so much, that you could never make everybody happy

Your skins are perfect already.
          If someone want to edit them, he is free to go. But following everyones wishes would be impossible for you my friend.

Kind Regards,
          Seven

Comment

Oh very true on the personal likings - it would be impossible as we all have different likes.

A second (or more) set of eyes though is great - I could easily miss a texture error (uv mapping off) or the animations are buggy.

Comment

i like what you did with this model ooppee...i was also thinking about the rouhis model but the stock one...trying to retex the grenade model to look more like the merv.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by seanstar; 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X