No announcement yet.

Transparent HUD for Quake MP2 - Dissolution of Eternity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powershield icon is pretty dark. Are you using ingame shots to get them? If so, try a brighter map, I'd go for the "diffuse texture" look (how the model looks in a model editor). Reason for this is since it's transparent - it's brightness is effected by the map now too. So in different lightning it's visibility will be slightly changed.

Comment

You're right.
      Here's a new try:

I think it is better now.
      Edit:
      Updated links!
      Last edited by webangel; 06-05-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Much better
        Did you find out if the Vengeance Sphere uses a icon (and the belt)?

Comment

Only the Anti-Grav Belt uses a icon.
          The Vengeance Sphere don´t.

Screen:
          Last edited by webangel; 06-05-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Damn was hoping it did. Although it is DM only (thus far). I've been fiddling with it to make it available in SP and will activate when you're 25 or under HP (like it does in DM) but adjusting it's radius - so it can take out multiple targets - as otherwise it'd be useless in SP.

As for me forcing ya to update your HUD in the past....*ahem* (see attachment)
            Attached Files

Comment

OoPpEe´s Belt Model Icon:

Any suggestions?
              Last edited by webangel; 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Awesome work
                Just a idea to see if it'd look better, try it at a slight angle - triangle part (the 4 lights) pointing towards the center of the screen - basically same angle you used on all the other powerups. This one looks great, the angled shot could maybe look better.

Comment

What do you think looks better?
                  I do not have much time today.

Comment

Almost perfect, just have it rotated a bit less. I'd say about half way between the 2 versions.

Comment

OK - just to recolor....

Comment

There we go

Comment

Download:
                          zHud_MP2f.zip
                          Last edited by webangel; 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Dear webangel,

I can only say one thing: Thank you !

Comment

I think it´s OK.
                              Please post any suggestions....

Comment

Dear webangel,

I hope you are not mad at me, when I post this.
                                But due to the fact, that you asked for further "suggestions" I want to write this:

1.) The small weapon icons in your final versions are much more red than in your previous once.
                                You did this, because OoPpEe told you this:
                                Looks great. Only suggestion - go for red instead of the pink/purple icons.
                                I also didnt like the purple color that was on some parts of the weapons, but the new overbright red is too much.
                                It is too much difference to the ID1 ones (in matter of transparency and detail).

So I reworked the "purple" ones for you (because you work on the waterfall at the moment).
                                They are now much more detailed and not so overbright red.
                                In my opinion they look better now.

I kept the "old" purple ones inside the pack, that you can easy compare them.

2.) The last thing that is not yet how it should be is the plasma ammo icon. It is the ID1 cell icon more or less.
                                If people use no external textures for the in-game ammo b_box´s, the icon does not fit.
                                If people use the "shader animated ammo pack" the icon does not fit too.
                                So this should be corrected.

I made a plasma ammo icon for you that fits to the "shader animated ammo pack".
                                This pack can be used by all engines and is the only replacment for the plasma that is available at the moment.
                                So I guess this is a good reason to use the HUD plasma icon matching the in-game ammo.
                                I had to use the small ammo pack as reference, because the icon must be a square. And only the small ammo b_box is square-like.
                                I hope you like it. If not, you can of course throw it into the "Mülleimer"

Kind regards,
                                Seven

DOWNLOAD

PS: Isnt it a shame that you and I must talk english even though our mothers taught us german ?

Comment

Working...
                                X