No announcement yet.

drake power-ups HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surely some shortcuts are extremely useful, and some even necessary to know.

i didnt mean you shouldnt memorize any at all, i meant its insane to try and remember ALL of them, and that for some which you'll rarely ever use at all its nonsense to try and memorize the shortcut since you'll rarely need it.

the numpad camera controls are indeed a must to learn, they are extremely usefull. totally agree on that those need to be memorized.

for switching between vertex, edge and face mode i myself always just use the buttons at bottom-bar, ive never ever used keys for that

anyways, yeah i didnt mean you shouldnt memorize any at all, i more meant its unnecesary to learn ALL of them.

also, my own memory is pretty bad, so for me its a near impossible task to memorize them. cuz of my crappy memory it would take me an eternity to memorize all of them. nearly all functions can be done through the spacebar-search option, so i personally use spacebar for most things, cuz it would be incredibly hard for me to memorize all shortkeys.

what i also meant is for people who dont know all the functions yet, to learn them by using spacebar to find them if you forgot them
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• the hand looks a lot better now to me!

Comment

• thanx JD

will be starting on the crossbow soon
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I have a request. Make this

I know it isn't in the game. So what. I'll put it in the game if you like. You could probably cheat a bit and use weapons that already exist in the game. Get creative. My image is just for loose reference.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• actually, hexen2 has a weapon-rack kinda like that in-game

cant seem to find it right now, otherwise id show you a screenshot

Comment

• for now no progress on anything really

just got myself a wii u a couple days ago so i been very busy playing games on it,
              and to busy for making quake models. also i had 40year anniversary of aunt+uncles wedding yesterday.

however, i did just do something else related to one of my models
              as you all know, the drake mod implents a lot of items from hexen2 into quake, one of which is the quartz-flask.

i always use fteQW for hexen2 myself, which just like darkplaces allows for replacement textures and models.
              so i came up with idea to edit my flask to make it work in fteQW

>find my post in heXen II thread with link to download here<

also, next i will be doing a hi-poly remake of the 'buriza-do kyanon', which is an edit of the hexen2 crossbow,
              and while ill be doing this weapon anyway i will also be making a version for use in fteQW as well

the version from drake is pretty much identical to the original, except that the frames for draw/sheath are removed.
              so once i make version for drake the only changes i will have to make will be to add the animation played when drawing/sheathing the weapon
              Last edited by talisa; 12-08-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• ... wii U if you can get home brew on it i think you can run quake useing the quake wii engine... if you try it let me know it works for you!

Comment

• lol JD.
                  i can play quake on my pc, why would i wanna play it on my wii u?
                  i guess it could be interesting if it supports aiming with wii-mote, but otherwise nah.

also, i didnt get a wii u to play such games on it, i can already do that on my pc.

i got a wii u for nintendo-games: mario bros u, mario kart8, mario 3D world, and such
                  and to be able to play my fave wii-games, like mario galaxy 1+2, mario party, okami, spyro games and donkey kong country returns

also i partially got the wii u cuz my little nephew is a huge fan of mario,
                  and he will most likely come over for a few days for x-mas.

and id just love to see his ginormous smile when i show him i got a wii u with mario,
                  and to see his whole face glow with joy when he plays mario together with me,

knowing how full of joy and happyness my lil nephew will be, that alone wouldve been enough for me to buy it.
                  .....if it wasnt that i also love mario games myself of course
                  Last edited by talisa; 12-08-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• After looking posts like this it made me wander that: how do you guys make great mods and stuff.

In addition, I chose my major in computer sciences in college so I can hope to become a game designer. However the classes does not seem to have anything game desighning, but getting knowledge on computer sciences that will get you in game desining or programming.

Right now I have been working on java. I am doing okay so far even with some difficulties, the last assignment is killing me.

Comment

• early WIP of crossbow:

needs a awefull lot of work still and its kinda crappy looking right now,
                      and it needs a lot of fixing, but its something

long live the mirror tool from blender, which makes it so that i only have to make one half of prod and other half will be automagically added

@frost
                      how? practice practice practice.... they often say 'practice makes perfect', and its true

also a big part of making stuff is to push yourself to just sit down and take the time to do it.
                      modelling isnt hard, but its a very time-consuming process, and you really need to put yourself to sit down for a couple hours and just do it.

also, your class is good. you might think your class doesnt have anything to do with game designing,
                      but the very basis of making stuff for games is first having to learn how a game works and how everything in a game works.
                      you need to know the insight of how a game functions to understand fully how to make something for a game.
                      if you dont know jack about how such things in game works, you can try all you want but you wont be able to make something for a game.

surely you could look up a tutorial and follow it exactly, but if you dont understand what you just did and why, its pointless.
                      understanding exactly what you are doing and why is very important
                      Last edited by talisa; 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• some more work i just did on fixing what i had so far

fixed a lot of the loops and adjusted the shape of the prod to look more like the original shape

Comment

• That crossbow (original) is DOO DOO. If you're gonna spend a bunch of time on a detailed weapon like this, you should make a good one.

click image to view image results page for "Medieval Crossbow"
                          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• yeah i have been looking at pics of real crossbows,
                            but ill for the most part stick with the original design...at least for the prod

i did also come across that bow you posted when lookin at pics of real crossbows,
                            and i have actually thought of making the handle-part more like that one in that pic you posted

maybe i could make like, a mix between the two

when looking at crossbow pics i also came across this one

looks very cool too and would totally fit into the hexen universe

Comment

• after some thinking last night, i got another idea...
                              i really like that bow in that pic you posted,

and i totally wanna make that one, but i also like the original as well.

so why.... dont i make both?
                              ill first make a crossbow based on the one in pic you posted, and then at some later time i will continue what i had now for the original look

then people will have a choice which one they prefer, and one could use the fancy one for drake, and the original-styled one for heXen so it wont be the exact same crossbow

started last night on the shape of the base of the crossbow in that pic:

Comment

• just did some more work on the shape of the base:

adjusted shape a bit to be closer to original since it was to wide, and i started adding the curves at bottom

EDIT: btw here's a better pic i found of the crossbow ill be basing the design on:

this pic is much more clear then the other one

Comment

Working...
                                X