X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and shazaam!

le end-bane is done

DOWNLOAD END-BANE

PS if anyone knows if its actually used in any maps and if so which one, please lemme know and ill make a new pic of the item there
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Great stuff talisa! Now if you can get excited and finish your individual monster gibs I'll be sooooo happy!!

Comment

• thanx gdiddy!

ill be def continuing those gibs at some time.

but for that id need support to be able to make it so that gibs also use the same skin-numbers as the monsters they were spawned from.
        when i implented it myself i couldnt figure out how to make it so that gibs use same skin-numbers as monster spawned they're from cuz of my extremely limited knowledge of QC
        im sure seven could help though with that. seeing he also made the spider have different skins and different gib-skins its def possible, i just need to know how to implent it.

i also would like official support from seven as in that he'd officially implent it into the SMC if i make all gibs,
        so that itll be an official addition to SMC and not a 'split' of SMC like smith's version

btw talking about seven... i havent seen him in quite a while, and his profile says he was last active a month ago
        you heard anything about seven lately?
        hope he didnt really leave for real this time
        Last edited by talisa; 11-24-2013, 07:42 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• The front of the chest looks like either wood or rusty metal with some kind of "bat" image etched into the surface (to me). Look "through" the lock. It seems like some kind oh head with ears, implying that the left and right of that is wings. and below the lock could be finishing the body.

I'm assuming the top is glass. My best guess would be that none of the chest is wood. I say this because colored glass wouldn't look very good with wood. If the wall sections of the chest are wood, then maybe the top is painted. That wouldn't make sense either though cause, why would only the top be painted. Also, if the creator of the chest (pretending this is real) had access to all of that metal, why would they use a less secure material, like wood.

Anyway, excellent work on all of this stuff.

@you on google search - Of course people care. That's why your buddies (me & JD) know this stuff and post about it. Also, being an actual search result for the site has got to be giving you some extra exposure so, you should care. It's like 1-upping the site news feature. Speaking of that - where's it at? Why isn't all of this front page news? You have the most active project on quakeone and you are pretty far along.

If I am right at all about how your name ends up in google, you should see how long you can keep it there . Make yourself a permanent feature.

edit: self.skin -I think all the skins need to be in the .mdl and they are looked at as numbers. This might be wrong though. I haven't messed around with that in a really long time.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• i personally was thinking the top would have the fabric thats on the inside of this chest:

hmm....a bat-shape? i thought shape looked more like a crown then a bat personally, and that it perhaps was a dark gold color

which in turn makes it make sense that the top part would be red fabric,
            cuz to me it seems like it could be a more fancy treasure-chest which could belong to royalty or such

also yeah i agree all the sides and such would be metal all,
            and perhaps the fabric is overlayed and the gold shape at front could be painted on or such

also of course, i meant it more in a joking way when i said i didnt care about google.
            of course its nice to see i turn up in search results when 'quake' is googled,
            which means people are more likely to come across my drake item re-makes and all my other stuff ive made since i joined this site

Comment

• I've noticed nothing from Seven as well???? No news.

Comment

• I think i rember the bane pickup in the last map of "roman wilderness of pain" i think its one of the fake pickup that dose not do anything and its hooked up to a trigger in the map and when you grab it all hell brakes lose!

idk what the out side of the chest should look like but i think it would be cool if it was inspired by rome21 texcher from one of the mp i don't rember what one.

i miss seven too next time some one see him pin him to the wall of the start map so he cant get away

have you guys played the masque of red death on the smc? tronyn's mapping and sevens qc. it was hella fun and the map was made for normal quake so it works perfect with smc

Comment

• In Unforgiven maps, when I put the Mission Pack 1 weapons only the Mjolnir appears, the proximity mine launcher still uses the old model and texture. What's happening? Does the model in Unforgiven uses a different name?

Comment

• @cloth - I originally wrote "cloth or glass" but, I edited out "cloth" cause it just seemed weird to have the outside of the top covered in cloth. Even your example box has the cloth on the inside. Trunks are lined with soft cloth to protect the contents from scratches. If the outside had cloth fixed to it, it would be impossible to clean and cloth deteriorates way faster than metal. Technically cloth on the outside would be a poor mans attempt to appear like he has status, cause cloth is cheap in comparison to copper, gold, etc.

@crown vs bat thing - It probably doesn't matter one way or another. I doubt anybody (except maybe the author) has any clue what that is supposed to be. This is probably one of things where you have artistic freedom to make that whatever you want. It's quite possible it is a "nothing" and that's why neither of us are positive of what it is....just swirls and blobs that imply there is some design there. Personally, I don't think it looks very good, even by quake standards. It's just a blobby mess and the swirls are far too pronounced. Also, no matter what the material for the red top is, it doesn't make any sense. Why would you put cloth on the outside? Why would you make the top of a metal box out of glass? Even if the top is ruby that is just ridiculous. Generally the point of a locking common metal chest is to contain valuables, not be partially made of them, especially when the valuable material isn't stronger than the cheaper stuff. That's just my opinion though and I am no officianado.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-24-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• look what I found. I googled "locking chest red top" and then clicked "images"

red top = wood?

EDIT:

This is almost identical. Get rid of the straps, make the corners metal and add a face design, voila...

The wooden top even has a more squarish grain than a linear one.

Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• @ironwarfare
                        yeah, the drake mod uses a differently named copy of the proximity launcher, which is named 'v_rocks'

so open the pk3 with winrar or winzip or such, and rename v_prox.mdl to v_rocks.mdl and also rename the textures accordingly, and then it should work fine

@gypsy
                        yeah that pic doesn indeed look an awefull lot like the chest!
                        thanx for the pic, ill use it partially for inspiration

and yeah i agree, the gold part at front kinda looks just like an ugly mess of pixels which doesnt really seem to look like anything at all.
                        ill brainstorm a bit about what kinda design ill put there. if anyone has any ideas, they're more then welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                          @ironwarfare
                          yeah, the drake mod uses a differently named copy of the proximity launcher, which is named 'v_rocks'

so open the pk3 with winrar or winzip or such, and rename v_prox.mdl to v_rocks.mdl and also rename the textures accordingly, and then it should work fine

@gypsy
                          yeah that pic doesn indeed look an awefull lot like the chest!
                          thanx for the pic, ill use it partially for inspiration

and yeah i agree, the gold part at front kinda looks just like an ugly mess of pixels which doesnt really seem to look like anything at all.
                          ill brainstorm a bit about what kinda design ill put there. if anyone has any ideas, they're more then welcome
                          And what's the texture name?

Comment

• I'm downloading the Hexen 2 retexture project and I have to insert also the archer and the imp: should I rename them to make them effective? If yes, what's their name?

Comment

• @ironwarfare
                              the original proximity-launcher texture is named v_prox.mdl_0, so just simply rename it to v_rocks.mdl_0

the names of the models of archer and imp in drake are the same,
                              although you of course have to rename textures according to DP's naming convention
                              so rename imp_0 to imp.mdl_0 and archer_0 to archer.mdl_0

drake also includes most other skins from hexens imp, but with different skin-numbers:
                              imp_0 should be imp.mdl_0
                              imp.mdl_1 is a slightly brown-tinted version of imp_0
                              imp_3 should be imp.mdl_2
                              imp_1 should be imp.mdl_3
                              imp_2 should be imp.mdl_4

there's also a version of imp called implord, which uses the same skins as normal imp,
                              so copy and rename all skins to implord.mdl_0 and such, using the same numbers as the imps skins

in drake the archer only includes the green and red skins:
                              archer_0 should be archer.mdl_0
                              archer_1 should be archer.mdl_1

obviously the textures should all go in the 'progs' folder within mod-directory

Comment

• worked on creating a fancy lock at the front:

its of course nowhere near the size of how it originally looked on texture,
                                but on the low-res texture the size was of course hugely exaggerated cuz
                                otherwise it wouldnt even be visible it was supposed to be a lock cuz of the low resolution of texture.

i based the shape of the lock-part on the type of lock like what that silver-red chest in gypsy's picture has

ill also work on making better-looking hinges on the back next.

lemme know what you all think of the lock-part

EDIT:
                                also decided to make the top be rounded instead of just at 45degree angles, which makes a lot more sense.
                                the maker obviously made the original chest like that to keep the poly-count as low as possible
                                \

EDIT2:
                                randomness... how about something like this on the front, but then in gold?
                                Last edited by talisa; 11-25-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X