X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a dildo )))))))))))))))
    Sorry for

Comment

IF YOU HAVE A LINK TO THE DRAKE MOD LET ME KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO MASH IT TOGETER WITH GYPSY DP QC.

THIS GUY IS REALY FUCKING UP MY GOOGLE SEACH

GET BACK IN YOUR WHEAL CHARE AND GO BACK TO HIGHSCHOOL!

Comment

@JDSTONER
        http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi.../drakebeta.zip
        Find the qc into the devkit folder.

Nice work talisa

Comment

@mash together - LOL oh boy are you in for some fun. It's not as simple as just mixing them together in a progs.src and doing a compile. Actually, I promise you that will not work.

You have no idea the amount of headaches you are about to give yourself.. My source is clean, it doesn't even throw warnings, so I would start by making sure the drake mod is clean, and if not, clean it up. Then you can go one function at a time, comparing to the original quake source and finding all the little spots where something is a bit different. Actually I'm not even gonna tell you how to do it cause you are gonna spend the rest of your life on it.

Even if you actually did mash the 2 together you still need to sit down and write out the .ent file for all the stuff or you wont be able to use any of it in a map. I don't want to discourage you but seriously, what you want to do is one of the hardest things to do. I program in 9 languages and doing what you want to do gives me massive headaches.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

yea i know it was not gonna be a one click thing

so wach for my mod of the 2 comming out in 2059

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            @mash together - LOL oh boy are you in for some fun. It's not as simple as just mixing them together in a progs.src and doing a compile. Actually, I promise you that will not work.

You have no idea the amount of headaches you are about to give yourself.. My source is clean, it doesn't even throw warnings, so I would start by making sure the drake mod is clean, and if not, clean it up. Then you can go one function at a time, comparing to the original quake source and finding all the little spots where something is a bit different. Actually I'm not even gonna tell you how to do it cause you are gonna spend the rest of your life on it.

Even if you actually did mash the 2 together you still need to sit down and write out the .ent file for all the stuff or you wont be able to use any of it in a map. I don't want to discourage you but seriously, what you want to do is one of the hardest things to do. I program in 9 languages and doing what you want to do gives me massive headaches.

Comment

Technically you CAN just add dpextensions and physics to drake. Actually you can add my triggerable weather as well. I believe rotating entities is not in just the one QC. If I remember right there is a function or two in one of the other QC's, those would need to be moved to the identical spot in the drake source.

Hmmm, actually if you go from my source to Drake it might not be too bad. The other way would be a nightmare. However, you are still stuck with no .ent file for any of it. I can give you the .ent for my trigger and rotation but you still need the entire Drake QC ".ented"

Comment

shazaam, another update to the model

UV-mapped all the parts and joined them as one,
                and i took the time to whip up texture for the weapon
                i tried defining the faces from the gems by making some of the faces be slightly darker or lighter then others, howd that work out?

its not 100% complete though, im not entirely happy with the textures, mainly of the big gem at top, but its a start.
                its pretty much complete nows though

now just to get it in-game
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Add more contrast to the reds in the gem. Your reds are too similar. Look how the original gem is almost using a "black and white" of red (if that makes sense).

Good job, though! I wasn't criticizing you, just trying to help you bring out the gem qualities.

notice how all of these gems have a "white" to them that pronounces certain angles.

Comment

found an md3 exporter for the blender version i got and after some trial&error i managed to get it in-game, with the HD texture on it. had to bunch of couple times before i managed to do it. first it would only export half the model & no texture, then i figured out i needed to triangulate all surfaces to get the exporter to export all of the model, but it was still without texture. read the readme and found out how to make the exporter include texture when exporting. and i tried using it one more time to see if it worked and....

SHAZAAM

i totally feel like a god now that i for first time made a model myself from scratch
                    and managed to get it in-game after hours and hours of trying and error
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

God Job Telisa! The gem looks one solid color now, though.

Comment

@gypsy
                        yeah it did, for some funky reason the shading of the gem didnt get picked up by DP unless i turned on rt world
                        took your tip into account and defined the faces more by making the light faces lighter and the dark faces darker, and it looks a hell of a lot better nows

also, i adjusted the angle of the weapon and used bakers great modeltools to set the model to be rotating

i feel the model is ready now for a first release
                        drake staff HD-talisa.pk3
                        for now its only the in-world weapon only, no hud.
                        still need to look into animating it for a hud version, never done that before.

the texture is still quite rough in general, especially the gems i think need some work. so if anybody who's a better texturer then me would be willing to help improve on the texture, would be much appreciated
                        included the UV-map in the pk3 so to make it easier to work with the texture.

this model is for DarkPlaces only btw, since its actually an MD3
                        so it wont work in the RMQ engine sadly.
                        drake mod works better in DP anyway, in RMQ the hud doesnt work 100%, in DP it does

if you wanna be able to play 'something wicked this way comes' in DP, you need the latest DP-build from 4th of march 2013 which supports bsp2, which you can get here: http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplac...ne20130304.zip
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah! that looks really good! I wish I could help you with the texture, but I'm not very good at GFX.

Comment

thanx gypsy

Comment

Oh BTW, I don't know what you use to make textures, but I have found that this program can help someone with no/little artistic skill to make some really nice textures. It takes a little practice to get used to the node system.

edit: apparently I even wrote a starter tutorial (who knew)

Comment

i myself am using paintshop pro X4, which is a real great program too

Comment

Working...
                                X