Why I Hate Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Hate Everything

Here's a blog my friend from college university setup today. He's the same author of the Telus rant I posted long ago on this site. Anyways, this blog has one purpose, to post ANGRY RANTS! I enjoy reading about how stupid other people are, I hope you do too

http://wihe.ca/

Nice link, Sniper. That guy is a n00bie.

Originally posted by That site
    There is no good reason that this site (or the other) is hosted with Radiant, and not on our own servers - but at the moment there isn't anything I can do about that.
    Sounds like this techie wants his company to host the site and he wants to run it and is whining because they won't let him do it.

The company is smart in not allowing him to do so.

They may save a few dollars, but then what happens if he quits (or screws everything up)?

Having a 3rd party company experienced in a particular task run something > having it done inside the company.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Actually he's a pretty damn good system admin, just demanding Administrating a company takes a lot more effort and time than admining a quake server.

Originally posted by Baked
      Having a 3rd party company experienced in a particular task run something > having it done inside the company.
      I completely disagree. Most of these services are ran by kid owning a server in their basement. I would never trust anything to do with my business with that. In order for me to actually listen to the service, I'd want to see where the server(s) are AND how secure they are from tamperment.

If that doesn't meet my requirement, I'm not touching it and would rather just buy a server and put it in the office. Mistakes happen and when they do, I'm going to be the one who fixes them. Not some 3rd party that doesn't know what my business needs.

Comment

Some companies don't have the people to run a server. I agree with Baker. I would rather use a reputable company to run my mail servers and web hosting. They back up nightly and my in house server is used for internal company programs only which is also backed up nightly. One thing that IS great about using an outside source.. If the mail server goes down here (mind you quotes and sales come through on the mail server) I'm screwed until we get it back up. If the outside server goes down they can move it to another server temporarily and I'm still in business granted I may have lost some work but were still good until they fix the problems. Any server host that doesn't offer you that is not worth staying with. I'm "working" on it just doesn't matter to me and if I'm paying for an outside source I expect a workable backup. Period.
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I feel that I'm the only one here angry and arrogant enough here to start a rant blog, time to ponder.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
            Some companies don't have the people to run a server. I agree with Baker. I would rather use a reputable company to run my mail servers and web hosting. They back up nightly and my in house server is used for internal company programs only which is also backed up nightly. One thing that IS great about using an outside source.. If the mail server goes down here (mind you quotes and sales come through on the mail server) I'm screwed until we get it back up. If the outside server goes down they can move it to another server temporarily and I'm still in business granted I may have lost some work but were still good until they fix the problems. Any server host that doesn't offer you that is not worth staying with. I'm "working" on it just doesn't matter to me and if I'm paying for an outside source I expect a workable backup. Period.
            *pretends to read it*
            But you're missing the point, some people in business are just STOOPEED. I've dealt with clients that prove why small businesses fail.

Comment

Working...
            X