Ultimate Thread of Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Thread of Awesome!

Here you will find me constantly posting about things that fascinate me,and have a extreme high concentration of awesome involving nature,science, the cosmos, technology, and many other tid bits of omfg thats cool!

Feel free to share what you have found on the internet!

First things to be served up will be the stuff I already shared! Rather than make a post for each new bit of awesome I stumble across on the internet, from here on out you can find them here....

"First GEARS found in nature!"

I first read about this over at Popular Mechanics, and shared it with the Quakeone.com community back in 2013.

In the linked article above, it was stated that these bugs are experiencing around 400g forces, but according to this guy from Cambridge University, its closer to between 500 and 700 g forces. Holy shit! Let's put that into perspective..... according to link here over at an official NASA.gov website , the most g forces that an astronaut experiences during launch to escape the earths gravity , is 3 G FORCES.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8fyUOxD2EA[/ame]

More to come............ I don't want to overload you with too much awesome at once.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-28-2015, 07:53 PM. Reason: ;)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Cool!

Comment

While this is not new it sure is cool.
      As part of an effort to improve treatments for life-threatening illnesses, a team of scientists have created rabbits that glow in the dark.

Full article
      http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...its-scientists
      I ran across this while researching the chimera that the DARPA were creating for their newest armor technology,They have crossed a goat with a spider to produce a hi strength filament for the thread to make it.The farm they keep these spygoats at is in Montreal so it is outside the control of Congress.To make things even scarier the tech has been expanded to private industry and now is even being developed at a university near you.
      BioSteel was a trademark name for a high-strength based fiber material made of the recombinant spider silk-like protein extracted from the milk of transgenic goats, made by Nexia Biotechnologies, and later by the Randy Lewis lab of the University of Wyoming and Utah State University.[1] It is reportedly 7-10 times as strong as steel if compared for the same weight, and can stretch up to 20 times its unaltered size without losing its strength properties. It also has very high resistance to extreme temperatures, not losing any of its properties within -20 to 330 degrees Celsius.
      Last edited by bluntz; 05-28-2015, 05:14 PM.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the participation! and YES! I totally agree that it's pretty damned epic (or scary depending on how you look at it) that they have given bioluminescence to animals that would otherwise not have it! I tried to rep/+ you for the added dose of awesome , but it's bitching at me that I must spread it around else where before giving you more.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT! ARG!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I hope this fits into your awesomeness category... not trying to spam your thread. We have had our second ever crop circle here in the Johnson City suburb of Gray, TN. This kind of stuff fascinates me... but then again, I'm easily amused. Article Clicky I do believe there is more out there after we're done here... just not real sure what it is yet.
          *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
            I hope this fits into your awesomeness category... not trying to spam your thread. We have had our second ever crop circle here in the Johnson City suburb of Gray, TN. This kind of stuff fascinates me... but then again, I'm easily amused. Article Clicky I do believe there is more out there after we're done here... just not real sure what it is yet.
            I modified my OP to be more encompassing. Hey I reserved the right to swat anything out of this thread, so I swatted a bunch of my own words!

Anyone can post what they find awesome! I sir, find crop circles, to be awesome. I also find it super-awesome that you are so close to my home town area (Smyth County,VA)....we was practically neighbors for a looong time.

Comment

Incoming Awesome again!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5i53eiMkU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                I also find it super-awesome that you are so close to my home town area (Smyth County,VA)....we was practically neighbors for a looong time.
                wow we are/were close. We run up to Hungry Mother ever so often camping
                *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                sigpic

Comment

You've been pooping wrong your whole life!

According To Science, You've Probably Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life | IFLScience

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                    Ever took a poop and when that mofo hit the water, it splashed up into your anus?(Don't answer that guys,its rhetorical I swear!)

There is a term for that, and it's called a Worthington Jet or a Rayleigh Jet,and you can almost entirely eliminate it from ever attacking your ass,ever,again!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNDM4eAn1U[/ame]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Your welcome o_O ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm betting Phenom recommends "Leet 2-Ply"

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
                      That Arrested! Mugshot gallery link from that page is awesome.
                      =)

You can guess what they were caught for by just looking at the pics.

I haven't seen anything like that before, is it a kind of government name-and-shame sorta thing?
                      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        Ever took a poop and when that mofo hit the water, it splashed up into your anus?(Don't answer that guys,its rhetorical I swear!)

There is a term for that, and it's called a Worthington Jet or a Rayleigh Jet,and you can almost entirely eliminate it from ever attacking your ass,ever,again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNDM4eAn1U

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Your welcome o_O ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm betting Phenom recommends "Leet 2-Ply"
                        I learned a long long time ago to do the paper trick.As a construction worker we have to use Porta Jons a lot.I used to toss a piece of wood in it for the longest time but had none one day and resorted to TP.The board ALWAYS works ,the TP not so much.Believe me if you get that blue juice sprayed up ur anus backwards,you will be a firm believer in Wood.
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

awesome read found

I've read/heard about the double slit experiment many times, and its back in the news!

Experiment confirms quantum theory weirdness | ANU

Experiment Provides Further Evidence That Reality Doesn't Exist Until We Measure It

Spooky!
                          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-04-2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

New marsupial species that dies of sex

Newly-Discovered, Super Horny Marsupials: "Fuck Me Dead"

these furry guys screw and screw until they keel over! there livin the life!
                            My Avatars!
                            Quake Leagues
                            Quake 1.5!!!
                            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Climbing perch, fish that can crawl, threaten mainland Australia | GrindTV.com

holy fuck fish that can live out of water and crawl around for 6 DAYS!
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                              X