Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The QuakeOne Challenge!... Duece!

Yet again, here with another challenge.

There are 2 questions. First question is "what does the question ask?" and the other question... well I guess you better figure out what the question asks first

I used a simple encryption algorithm which I hinted in another thread. This is an easy encryption algo, your grandmother could solve it (she likes crossword puzzles?). I'm not giving away what the encryption algo is and I'm not giving away the key, this is for you to find out yourself.

the program I used is called CAPCS. It's my own creation and I intend to copy the CAP program in full (oops that's a hint ). It's not done so I'm not going to distribute this out to anyone just yet.

Ok so dicipher the question and then answer it. Pretty simple.

Prize: Custom ranking of your choice

Originally posted by Canadian*Question
    8VdTHUf#)HKPVZHUK#bHRL!UL(XbHKZOHZ2HURJYLHaLKbWbUa PSUVdxAVKHfvZKHaLPZjnhqhnr
    ps - yes this was intentially ment to be harder than the previous QuakeOne Challenge.

edit: It should be noted that I used my own custom version of the ??? algorithm. Don't expect any decipher program to solve it completely. Of course I may be wrong. Surprise me

Every week I'll give a clue.
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-26-2006, 08:39 PM.

The answer is obviously that I own.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

shhh! Don't give away the answer! ;o

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        Prize: Can we do the custom rank thing like last time guys?
        Yes.

In fact, if you or anyone else can come up with some nice contests with custom titles as the prize (Quake quizzes, Quake history stuff, or something non-Quake but interesting with general appeal) go for it.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Baker! Glad to keep these brain busters alive

Comment

This is interesting.

Hmm, CS, you wrote a program with a GUI eh? I always thought you were a command line baby from way back.
            'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
            someone to hear your prayers
            someone who cares
            your own... personal... Shambie
            someone to hear your prayers
            someone whos there

Comment

Incase you never knew, I'm a programmer who programs to get paid. No one wants non-GUI applications anymore. It's bad business. Besides, I'd rather have the textfields and menus in the same program without having to go through the fileio hassle in terminal/dos.

But I see where you're getting at. I prefer the prompt. It's just I actually want people to use this program when I'm done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                Every week I'll give a clue.
                Even with that it would be highly unlikely that I would solve it. I know nothing of any code what so ever. I could dig my grandmother up, but I don't think that would help me.

Maybe next time.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  Even with that it would be highly unlikely that I would solve it. I know nothing of any code what so ever. I could dig my grandmother up, but I don't think that would help me.

Maybe next time.
                  My Gram never ever done Puzzles so i guess i'm definitely SOL

Comment

The theme to solving this question is code breaking like in the wars.

First Clue: The Encryption and Decryption process only allows 72 unique characters. Everything else is ignored.

Comment

Man I didn't get this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
                        Man I didn't get this yet.
                        yes we know, getting this would require a brain.

the canadian*question:
                        HowmanyQRadiosandQuakeOneSquadshasBankcreatedupunt ilnow?Today'sdateis260906

(insert spaces yourself )
                        and the answer is:

qradios - 20
                        quakeone squads - 3

Comment

Rocketguy wins. Now reap the custom ranking prize!

btw - I'm impressed that he was able to decipher it so fast. He's good at solving problems

EDIT: LOL at least my Challenge lasted longer than Baker's!
                          Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-28-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I CALLED IT! I CALLED IT!

I knew the question had something to do with my ownage.
                            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Now I got it.

RocketGuy wrote:

yes we know, getting this would require a brain.
                              Then I think someone solved that for you since you don't have a brain.

I didn't get it because I don't know a lot of English.

Comment

Working...
                              X