Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Getting back on the thread topic, would it be possible to have a setting for all us HPB's. Like the 'Classic' mode but something that alters a host of settings within the engine to maximise performance. Personally I often play on a number of low spec machine and also play across the atlantic and the ability to switch to a cut down - possibly low graphic detail setting via a simple menu option that helps me eek out a few more fps and a little reduction in ping would be much appreciated. I know a list of suggested settings has been posted here previously but I'm guessing the engine designers would know the very best tweaks for their engine. Just food for thought

Kind regards

Monty

P.S. Just in case we don't say it enough I know from my experience on the European servers that there are many of us who appreciate all that you guys do, particularly Baker and Rook, and we'd just like to say a big thank you for all the effort you put in. Keep up the good work guys.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Rook does plenty.

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    sorry R00k, I had a rough day today. I just felt down when you dropped all my requests like they were nothing without at least elaborating on why you didn't want to do them

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    but you are THE code monkey ;o]

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    what do you mean cya? I was joking. whatever. fine cya. ttyl

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
    your an asshole R00k, what about at least making it so when r_novis 0 is enabled, the water textures and telesplashes don't look like acid tripping? .link files are adequate. we should get a server browser similar to ezquake that reads off of files. it looks better, but your right. theres barely any servers..not even active classic dm servers. just runes and clan arenas. thats all. its quite sad
    lol hewy comeone u beat my ass and then tell my i dont clean up your mess..?

gimme a break im not your code monkey.

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    hell maybe I should get into coding

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    I only really use Qrack for single player anyways, I'm just waiting for that stupid damage orange powerupshell thing to be removed in your next version.

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    wow ok that fixes it any other requests??
    your an asshole R00k, what about at least making it so when r_novis 0 is enabled, the water textures and telesplashes don't look like acid tripping? .link files are adequate. we should get a server browser similar to ezquake that reads off of files. it looks better, but your right. theres barely any servers..not even active classic dm servers. just runes and clan arenas. thats all. its quite sad

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    how ezquake and fte has it

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    the game is the same. play on.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    based on the "there is only 20 players playing quake 1" do u need a browser??

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    True, i do also just log on this page to see the server list

nuff said quakeone.com owns

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    I'm thinking either a real one, supported by the server engine, or a "fake" one that downloads and parses a datafile from this site using some of the HTTP stuff in FTEQW.

Considering the speed various servers installed new .exe to stop wallhacking, I'm thinking that a true server browser might be better method since it is more "standard". But I'm not sure yet.

/Haven't played with the Qrack server list feature; need to try that out to see what you mean about what Qrack already does. I heard Yellow mentioning that a while back, but I always just go to this site to see what's happening on the servers

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    define
    built in NetQuake server browser

u can already go to the server list and use <T>est to so who is there

based on the "there is only 20 players playing quake 1" do u need a browser??
    Last edited by R00k; 02-05-2008, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X