Quake Down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Down???

This is what I get when visiting the "Buy Quake" site, the last site where you can buy Quake new.

So, does this mean Activision is getting even sh*ttier in their neglect of Quake 1, or do you think this means they are going to lower the price ($20 currently) or what could be going on with that?

Quick, heh, someone email the Home of the Underdogs while that message is still up! [/joke]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

They added Amon's Quake Demon Zombie thing

Comment

Heh, you know ... the last time I saw a message on the site like that it was "we are under construction" and it was there for over a year.

So maybe Activision isn't in the business of selling Quake 1 anymore, at least for several months.

I'm sure they don't want people illegally downloading it, but they sure don't seem very interested in selling Quake either.

One day I hope they make up their minds.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

perhaps they are preparing a new reissue, ensuring vista compatibility and stuff.

Remember, it's Temporarily down, they will still sell the game and stuff so don't get your hopes up.

Comment

It may be that they are going to put it on a lower price, or a free download. Did you check the other old games, like Wolfenstein 3D, and DOOM? Does it say Temporarily Down on those games too?

Comment

No, the Id store is down. I asked SyncError about it (there new employee) he said new items were going to be available and that he will be shipping software now so shipping will be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
            X