Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flu of Swine

Eight swine flu cases identified in U.S. -- chicagotribune.com

i think its kinda scary, but it might just pass over like the SARS scare or the ...other ones like that [yeh, so ima short on examples of things that passed over, wanna fight about it?]

but i don't really want to die from a virus or a bacterial infection, i find you stop breathing first, in the various cases i saw in the calves .. at least i think they wee still responsive on how the flailed their limbs before they went *almost* fully still :S

//innocence lost

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
    but i don't really want to die from a virus or a bacterial infection, i find you stop breathing first, in the various cases i saw in the calves .. at least i think they wee still responsive on how the flailed their limbs before they went *almost* fully still :S

//innocence lost
    What the fuck are you going on about?
    PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

Comment

its about how they come up with a new virus or some shit every summer to scare people shitless for some reason, and how shitty it is to actually die from something like that based off what Ive seen first hand ...and stuff like that

Comment

If you worried about this then take action.

Eat fruits + vegetables, sculpt you body like Bruce Lee doing Gung-Fu, take vitamins, vigorous exercise, rest, prioritize on your health and develop strong mind that you can beat anything.

Me doing all that, I never got sick of anything.

Most importantly love life that Lord blessed you with by taking care of your body and you will not fall to disease.

Comment

Fuck that. Everyone needs to grow their own acre crisis garden. I heard about this shit on the radio and finally heard one of their ads. It's almost as retarded as Kimp.
          PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

Comment

Ever read (or see the movie) Stephen King's The Stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
              Ever read (or see the movie) Stephen King's The Stand?
              no, but i read the gunslinger, that was a cool story :]

as for eating fresh homegrown fruit, that's probably whats going to happen because we're tired of spending all our money at wal-mart n shit

Comment

I get feeling US is exaggerating with this pig flu.

Most if not all US persons recovered. Perhaps Mexicans have weaker immune systems that they fall prey to it? To most US residents it manifests as only mild flu.

One's body is really like one big organism which is bombarded with germs constantly and it fights off infections all time - that is why most germs do not get us sick.

So, stronger we are more protected we are.

Comment

there is nothing exaggerated about the dangers when it comes to virii or bacteria evolving,which is a garunteed to happen.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                    its about how they come up with a new virus or some shit every summer to scare people shitless for some reason, and how shitty it is to actually die from something like that based off what Ive seen first hand ...and stuff like that
                    The media is a mass marketing tool used to brainwash people into frantic buying, and boosting the economy.

If they begin telling people there is a massive outbreak of influenza, although all around us you see no evidence of such; you still believe what is being conveyed to you due to our unfounded trust in the news, and their sources. Human beings tend to react urgently to such news, and will go out and purchase vaccines, medicine, and masks to protect themselves from such danger.

What CNN does, and always has done, is lie to people.

Comment

Cytokine storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sometimes a robust immune system can be a liability, not as asset.

Comment

Yahoo is way over top, with headlines like "Big One" flu that will wipe out world kill 20 mill.. I mean wtf man.. and then they go like middle of article "..maybe not, we will see in one week.. if it reach world pandemic levels.."

..idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post
                          Yahoo is way over top, with headlines like "Big One" flu that will wipe out world kill 20 mill.. I mean wtf man.. and then they go like middle of article "..maybe not, we will see in one week.. if it reach world pandemic levels.."

..idiots.
                          Yes, the media sucks, especially online. Even if something isn't a big deal, they'll phrase it in a way that'll fire everyone up and make them click that article open. Then on TV or radio they beat the issue to death and ruin good discussion for a few weeks until the next trivial thing comes along. Listen to NPR

Comment

Ye, all them 20 students recovering and I bet they not all health nutz like me, therefore.. *goes to draw*

Comment

From my personal point of view.

I see many people get ANY Flu or such that comes along.
                              Most of those people really don't take care of themselves.

They drink out of a freinds bottle of whatever,
                              don't wash thier hands often enuff,
                              (That's a BIG one!)
                              hang around someone who is sick,
                              and most of the time?
                              Are not a very active person.

I'm 51 years old now.
                              I work Construction and am in the worst of weather conditions
                              for most of my time.

But by being as active as I am?
                              I wear the same size Jeans I wore in High School.
                              I have not missed a days work for being sick in so long
                              I can not put a date to how long it has been!

I have not been to a Doctors office in over 10 years.
                              And the only visits to Hospitals were due to my
                              ability to really mess up my fingers at times.

(I break two or three a year, not to mention the cuts!)

This scare is just the same as the last Swine Flu scare.
                              The Media needs sales.
                              If not a Pandemic?
                              Then some new (or old revived) Computer Worm.

Anything to get you to fall for watching them.
                              Nelson Rateings ring a bell?

Comment

Working...
                              X