Internet Outages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Outages

My internet seems to go out around 1 am at least 3 times a month.

Last night, there were 6 or 7 great players (Epyon, Crazicracker, Paradise, etc.) at Shmack at the same time and there was complete silence as DM6 got voted.

About 25% thru the map, I stopped being able to move and 10 seconds later I got an icon and I knew what was going on.

And when it stopped working, I was <barely> winning too.

Stupid cable
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

My Time Warner Cable internet hasn't gone out once since I got it.

Comment

Whenever I lose my connection at home, I phone up Shaw and tell them that they need to fix at asap. Never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
        Whenever I lose my connection at home, I phone up Shaw and tell them that they need to fix at asap. Never fails.
        We have a similar place called Cox here, same deal.
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

When my internet goes down the only number I have is my work number.

Guess what never gets fixed when it breaks.
          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Mine does that during the winter when it gets cold outside. Other than that mine works.

Comment

Quad, your "winter" probably isn't like most of ours, you being in the south and all.

As far as calling the cable co. when the internet goes out, I call them and there is always a message about the "outage in my area" and they know about it, etc. etc.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                Quad, your "winter" probably isn't like most of ours, you being in the south and all.
                How so? It does get cold down here, real cold - we just rarely get snow.

But yeah our cable goes out during the night in winter.

Comment

I recently had a couple 8 hour long outages, however interestingly enough it bumped the speed up a bit (600kb/ps download!)

Comment

Working...
                  X