Google Chome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chome

Anyone tried this browser yet? It's pretty fast and it has the largest viewing area of any browser I've ever used.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

SRWare Iron

FWIW, Foqer, try SRWare Iron: it's a from-the-ground-up compile of Chromium, sharing the same codebase as Google Chrome, but lacking Google's somewhat restrictively-written Terms of Service. Also, SRWare Iron supports add-ins out of the box.

Been using Chrome for some time but switched to Iron just recently.

Comment

Chrome is pretty good. No plugins unfortunately but I didn't really use them under Firefox so I don't miss them too badly.

Comment

Yah foq'r , Chrome is by far setting the standard for a browser.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Chrome owns. Each tab you open opens in its own separate process, so if you have a lot of tabs open ( like I do ), if a tab throws an exception, it doesn't take down the whole browser.

Comment

Originally posted by oldendirt View Post
            FWIW, Foqer, try SRWare Iron: it's a from-the-ground-up compile of Chromium, sharing the same codebase as Google Chrome, but lacking Google's somewhat restrictively-written Terms of Service. Also, SRWare Iron supports add-ins out of the box.

Been using Chrome for some time but switched to Iron just recently.
            I read about this, I suppose its worth checking out. The ultimate browser to me would utilize all of the screen,and have a transparent effect,but yet still website is clearly visible,no need for opaque menu's or sections cutting your viewspace.

The coolest feature of Google Chrome? The ability to branch out your tabbed pages into their very own exe , and you can stick a 2nd Chrome browser into another browser,adding it as a tab. drag the tab out of the tab section!
            and while you drag the tab out of the current browser, it gives you a transparent smaller preview of the page you just dragged,and immediately shows the next tab in the browser you stole a tab from.

brilliant
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              brilliant
              Reminds me of the Deconstructed guy on the Science channel...

Comment

I'm an extension whore..also i hate the layout and colors of chrome.
                BUT...otherwise my experience with it was overwhelmingly positive.
                Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Working...
                X