Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seighten
    maybe you need a tissue.
    I actually didn't care about someone's rant over a band I like to listen too. Whether it's positive or negative. I like the band and nothing people say will change my opinion on that. I listen to good music

But when you say mean things like that... jerk

Comment

Shut up noobs! I don't know if I like Tool... the fact that they are indeed mainstream now I don't care about (too much ). But I like how they have their own unique sound. The guitar player's got his own little distinctive sound in all his riffs and whatnot so you can usually tell it's him from the guitar playing. Same with the singer's voice. Although I think the singer is an idiot, oh well who cares, who listens to lyrics anyways. Plus who can deny that the drum ditty at the beginning of ticks & leeches is pretty fun

Of course since they have that distinctive style in all their songs, they are indeed rather repetitive... which is why I prefer to take only the overall good songs into my tender loving playlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
        Plus who can deny that the drum ditty at the beginning of ticks & leeches is pretty fun
        Danny Carey = Best Drummer Ever!

Drum set:
        • Sonor Designer Series
        • 8x14 bronze snare
        • 14x14 floor tom
        • 18x16 floor tom
        • 18x24 bass drum
        • 18x22 bass drum
        • 8x8 tom
        • 10x10 tom
        • 14" RotoTom

Electronics:
        • Simmons SDX pads

Hardware:
        • Sonor Heads Evan's heads, power center-snare, Hydraulic-toms, hydraulic & EQ3 on bass Cabs

Pedals:
        • Axis

Cymbals:
        • 14" Paiste Dark Crisp hi-hats
        • 22" Novo China
        • 12" S.F. Flange Bell
        • 13" Sound Formula Mega Cup Chime
        • 8" Paiste splash
        • 18" Sound Formula Thin crash
        • 18" Paiste Full crash
        • 22" Paiste Dry Heavy ride
        • 20 & 22" Paiste Thin China
        • 20" Paiste Power crash
        • 6" + 8" Signature Splash
        • 14" Signature Sound Edge Hi Hat
        • 18" Signature Mellow Crash, Power Crash
        • 20" Signature Full Crash, Thin China
        • 5" Bell Chime on top of an 8" 3000 Bell

Sticks:
        • Trueline

Who's the newb now?

Comment

Tool is weak metal. Check out Flo Mounier. Best metal drummer alive.

Comment

canadian sniper, i didnt mean to come off as a jerk intentionally and i feel as though i was quite neutral when it came to the response of other posters

the entire reason for that comment was due to your response which i dont think was justified and seemed rather ignorant. perhaps if you only explained yourself instead of simply taking claim to the crown for this discussion i would not have said such and instead either agree with you or share my opinions

no doubt danny is a good drummer, but i doubt you can explain every part of his equipment with an understanding of the significance of choosing such equipment

Comment

canadian sniper, i didnt mean to come off as a jerk intentionally and i feel as though i was quite neutral when it came to the response of other posters
              I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.

Comment

i was hoping you would show me what an idiot ive been but i suppose you proved me wrong

Comment

i was hoping you would show me what an idiot ive been but i suppose you proved me wrong
                  Ofcourse I proved you wrong! The sooner you realise that I'm always right, the less pain you'll feel.

Comment

well why are you hurting me in the first place?

:pinch:

SOMEONE STOP HIM FROM HURTING ME!!!

you hasten me with the great pains of false artists
                    Last edited by seighten; 04-23-2006, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Tool has a distinct sound from other bands.

They however do not have a distinct sound from themselves with my experience (Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus). As one review once put it "Tool are not progressive, just long."

Maynard has a good voice, but he uses that melody to bring us bland and boring lyrics, rife with the clarity of Nirvana and significance of Limp Bizkit. The guitarist and bassist are accomplished and they work well. The drummer is pretty good, though oft over-celebrated due to the low standards of musicianship in mainstream bands.

If youre looking for exemplary drumming I would suggest you check out Martin Lopez of Opeth and Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy. Both drummers have a beautiful amount of control over their speed, the many rhythms theyre maintaining simultaneously, but also can tear up the kit no problem. When playing a fast or heavy track, their average line is on par with Danny Carey going over the top, only with a controlled elegance. Listen to Martin Lopez for his latin accents and interesting cymbal touches, and Flo Mounier for his heel to toe technique and machinegun arms without relying on anyone drumhead for long.
                      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

John Bonham was the best drummer but he's dead

Comment

Yeah, Bonzo was the balls. Portnoy's good too. I listened to the new Tool album, it's kind of meh. There's a few new things being done on the guitar (a few riffs are a lot faster than anything Adam Jones has ever done, at least on a studio album), and on vocals (one part of one song has Maynard doing some weird 'melisma' (wikipedia it!)). A few neat songs, I think Lateralus was probably a better album. Though I don't know for sure until I've listened to 10,000 days a couple of more times.

Comment

Kind of wierd how tool chose the name 10000 days when all of their other albums have obcene, wierd, sometimes have to get a dictionary names :S

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k&search=tool

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X