I Hate Bees Pt. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Bees Pt. 2

Last year, I had the menacing bee that flew 10 foot off the ground in the middle of my driveway during the whole day in the same spot and dodged bee/wasp killer spray like an F-16.

Now I have 3 of them, including a damn mailbox bee.

Turns out, I learned that these bees are wood-boring bees, not your standard bumble-bee, and are known for their aggressive behavior (kinda of like the Tical of bees).

I guess my annoying encounters with bees are nothing compared to having to deal with those africanized killer bees that they have down in Texas.

I read once that those bees got out of a lab in Brazil back in 1957 and slowly migrated up and finally reached the US around 2000, but they don't like cold weather so they won't spread much further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanized_bee
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Originally posted by Baker
    Last year, I had the menacing bee that flew 10 foot off the ground in the middle of my driveway during the whole day in the same spot and dodged bee/wasp killer spray like an F-16.

Turns out, I learned that these bees are wood-boring bees, not your standard bumble-bee, and are known for their aggressive behavior (kinda of like the Tical of bees).
    Known as the "Carpenter Bee". This pest is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered. I have them every year under the lean-to drilling in ever piece of wood I have. I'll have to upload a pic when I get a chance.

There isn't much that kills them. Sevin dust seems to work ok, but the application blows.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim
      Known as the "Carpenter Bee". This pest is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered. I have them every year under the lean-to drilling in ever piece of wood I have.
      Damn straight, did I mention that 10 foot in the air in my driveway is right where my car is?

So far, the bee(s) haven't tried to attack but they "encroach" into your personal space act like you are invading their own private turf.

Plus they don't seem to have anything else better to do than protect their territory all day.
      ---------

There might be an upside to this! On Saturdays and Sundays there seems to be a few door to door annoying-people selling magazines and other ... errrr ... crap that I won't be buying.

Maybe the bees can harass those people for me.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Well I can tell you that they won't bother you. It's the buzzing from their wings that can scare the crap out of you. I'm always around them batting them with my cane knife.

Makes a wonderful "tink" sound.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

that just made my day

Comment

it IS tical, he is haunting you with his leet dodging skillz.

Comment

Originally posted by seighten
              that just made my day
              I find it all funny

But, yeah, having a mail box bee is some real-life comedy :d Of all the trouble makers, he is the smallest problem to take of.

I'd rather try to "capture" him and let him live a jar or something for a while, but I view that as unlikely to bee able to pull off. He's probably going to go to "bee heaven" courtesy of my tennis racket.

Comment

A lot of times the wood they burrow into has dark markings where they have their nests, but also already have similar dark markings so you can't quite tell which are which. I've seen those kind of bees before at a building in Louisiana. Heck, the wood roofing went into the building so it almost looked like there were a bunch of those nests inside the house as well, but it was only those fake markings from the wood.

Comment

Working...
                X