No announcement yet.

You find yourself in E1M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >No wait! Catalog the runes! we might get a sweet prize; like a lamp or a bowling alley!

Comment

• >Ask Scribe Irish if he knows anything about Alchemy
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

• [[Continued]]

We still have some loose ends to tie up. There is the little matter of the hundreds of marines that were slain because of you. True, you weren't exactly yourself, but the current laws require that you stand tall before the man and answer for what's transpired back on Earth. The whole while you've been preparing yourself for what will most likely be a very serious court marshal, Phoenix has been acting like he has something he wants to say. You drag it out of him.
        "Well...when I first learned of what happened back at HQ, you....The Captain sent me a text message with Lt. Donavon's phone saying that if I defeated you, all of the damage you caused could be reversed. How does that work?" You ask the see the text. He shows it to you.

Lieutenant Donavon- "Hello, sergeant. It has been awhile. The lieutenant very kindly allowed me to use his phone to contact you. I would have used my console to do so, but I left that thing lying somewhere in the Nameless City some time ago. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I haven't forgotten the wound you gave me in our last encounter. I intend to repay you for that in full the next time we cross paths. Don't bother returning to HQ. You won't be greeted in a friendly manner, I assure you. The Encroaching Darkness has already engulfed your realm and altered it to my liking.
        ...but don't despair. All is not lost. You can kill me, take my power, and set everything back to the way it was before.
        ..............if you think you are up to such a task.
        -The Captain"

You hang your head. The text says that you would've had to have killed The Captain and take his power and use it to reverse everything. Phoenix looks down to the floor, visibly distraught. You also regret to tell him that, though you are significantly stronger than you were before you were corrupted, your powers with the Shadow's magic have faded from your body. You apologize, but reassure him that you'll do what you can to set things right to the best of your ability. This doesn't seem to comfort him. You can't blame him for blaming you, really. His first CO is dead because of you. The General of the entire Corps is dead because of you, and they're out there right now running around as bastardized Shadow forms of their former selves...because of you. It's time you stop blaming The Captain or Protos and take responsibility for your own actions. You address Major Davis and request to be arrested and tried for your crimes as soon as you win this war. The Major accepts your proposal, agreeing with your choice of direction. You vow to pay for what you've done...after you save what's left of mankind.

> practice kai...good hygene - when was the last time these guys washed their feet? There could be all kinds of rot going on.
        Well, The DKC probably has that problem worse than anyone you know, but trying to get him to take a bath is like trying to get peace in the middle east. As for you and Phoenix, the Corps equip their soldiers with anti-microbial socks. Standard issue. You go to the small stream that runs through the courtyard and soak your feet anyhow. The cool water feels good.

>Ask Scribe Irish if he knows anything about Alchemy
        "I know a little. There was an old book in the library at HQ called 'The Fundamentals of Alchemy'. It talked of the base elements that all things on Earth are made of, which indeed are the same magics that empower the four runes you are currently searching for. I don't think the two are related, but I suppose if you're interested in learning more, you could take that Scythe of yours and head to HQ and get that book...however, since HQ is now enemy territory, it might not be worth the risk. It's your choice." You make note of that.

>No wait! Catalog the runes! we might get a sweet prize; like a lamp or a bowling alley!
        You don't have any runes to catalog at the moment.

> keep an eye out for that earth rune and Protos.
        You have a hunch that you'll probably find one when you find the other. Thus far, the Runes have been carried by the bosses Phoenix fought in the Elder Dimension. You, yourself, carried the Fire Rune and dropped it when Phoenix defeated you the first time. With the Elder Gods slain and the Serpent destroyed, there is only one boss left in the Elder realm...Protos. Dollars to shotgun shells says he has the last Rune. Once he is destroyed, the Shadow threat on Earth will be halted. Then, you can finally use the gathered Runes to take the fight to the Shadows and their mysterious Master on their own turf. Exciting!

...say....has anyone seen your Console...?

>

Comment

• >Achieve Kaio-Ken skill 525
          >check your skills with the Force

Comment

• >Achieve Kaio-Ken skill 525
            You have to practice skills in order to gain points in that skill.

>check your skills with the Force
            Currently, you and your followers have a skill of zero in The Force. You wonder to yourself where you might go to start your Force training...all you need to do is get your foot in the door.

>

Comment

• [[ lol! - I don't know why, but that tickled the hell out of me (@get your foot in the door)]]

>find Yoda or Ben Kenobi

[[question: when people impulse stuff do you roll multi-sided dice to determine the outcome? This isn't all that different from playing D&D. Actually, it's not different at all. {meep} I miss the old Shadow Run days. I played the hell out of a Street Samurai. ]]
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• [[question: when people impulse stuff do you roll multi-sided dice to determine the outcome? This isn't all that different from playing D&D. Actually, it's not different at all. {meep} I miss the old Shadow Run days. I played the hell out of a Street Samurai. ]]
                [[No. It's mostly random, unless I feel it will help accomplish a story-line goal, like giving Phoenix a higher gain in Kaio-Ken before he fought The Captain.]]

>find Yoda or Ben Kenobi
                You've heard of ancient masters that used a force called Elemental Synergy (great, I'm ripping off yet another video game...). You wonder if that has or had any similarity to what people believe now-a-days to be The Force? You think it may have had something to do with an ancient civilization and what they studied about the elements. Obviously, they can't help you now, but maybe they left some scrolls or tombs behind that you can read. That'll definitely get that foot in the door and you can probably take it from there on your own. Maybe Irish or Phoenix know something.

>

Comment

• >do pushups while using Kaio-Ken, then hunt down Shadows... all of them. Search for Protos.

Comment

• >Start a government and apply restrictions to the rights of the shadow people. Force them to be indoctrinated in public schools to fear terrorism. Issue a huge propaganda campaign that supercedes reality and creates a false/false paradigm. If the shadow people start getting all sovereign on you, crash the economy and plunge the Shadow Realm into unpayable debt. Then stage an attack on your own land in order to syphon the remaining capital to foreign countries while simultaneously expanding your footprint. With whatever remaining wealth you should militarize the police and indoctrinate them to believe that all shadow people that are not employed by the state are terrorists.

Destroy the fabric of a family and a home with "equal rights". The women will fall for this bullshit and provide 100% more taxable income that you can then turn around and use to kill women and children in other countries. Without a proper Mother and Father figure the children will slowly become polluted and will be very easy to either enslave or destroy.

It's actually a dual edged sword, because these unguided children will become deadbeat parents, which will further allow the state to intrude into everyone's life under the guise of sustainability.

Finally, declare Martial Law and implement a ridiculous curfew that only allows people 1 hour to be outside while simultaneously shutting down all utilities and closing all roads. From there all you have to do is wait for everyone to starve to death or kill each other.

Problem solved.

PS> don't forget to tell everyone that their most precious resource is limited because animals that never existed don't exist anymore and they have to be dead for millions of years to make the stuff. (while you synthesize every other resource known to "man")

The end.

[[ ]]
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      >Start a government and apply restrictions to the rights of the shadow people. Force them to be indoctrinated in public schools to fear terrorism. Issue a huge propaganda campaign that supercedes reality and creates a false/false paradigm. If the shadow people start getting all sovereign on you, crash the economy and plunge the Shadow Realm into unpayable debt. Then stage an attack on your own land in order to syphon the remaining capital to foreign countries while simultaneously expanding your footprint. With whatever remaining wealth you should militarize the police and indoctrinate them to believe that all shadow people that are not employed by the state are terrorists.

Destroy the fabric of a family and a home with "equal rights". The women will fall for this bullshit and provide 100% more taxable income that you can then turn around and use to kill women and children in other countries. Without a proper Mother and Father figure the children will slowly become polluted and will be very easy to either enslave or destroy.

It's actually a dual edged sword, because these unguided children will become deadbeat parents, which will further allow the state to intrude into everyone's life under the guise of sustainability.

Finally, declare Martial Law and implement a ridiculous curfew that only allows people 1 hour to be outside while simultaneously shutting down all utilities and closing all roads. From there all you have to do is wait for everyone to starve to death or kill each other.

Problem solved.

PS> don't forget to tell everyone that their most precious resource is limited because animals that never existed don't exist anymore and they have to be dead for millions of years to make the stuff. (while you synthesize every other resource known to "man")

The end.

[[ ]]
                      Sooner or later, the Shadows are going to want to petition to succeed from your government with their ideals on the fundamental right to keep and bear Shadowpulse Rifles, or at the very least, ones that can hold more than ten Shadow Plasma Cells without having to recharge, thereby unleashing a civil war between yourself and your state, and the rebel Shadows.

...wait, aren't we already in a war?

[[]]

>do pushups while using Kaio-Ken, then hunt down Shadows... all of them. Search for Protos.
                      Push-ups? Psh...you do push-ups in your sleep! No sweat oh you said while using Kaio-Ken. Crap. You doubt you could do even one, but you opt to try anyway. You remember what Phoenix taught you as you quiet your mind and focus your strength. As you feel it rising to the surface, you begin to do push-ups. As you finish the first push, Kaio-Ken rips through your body, shredding your muscles into mush. You collapse onto your face as you cry like a little girl.

You lose 40 health.
                      Attempt failed.
                      Your skill in Kaio-Ken remains unchanged.

You rise to your feet after you recover from your injury and ready yourself to get back to the fight. Just a few questions, though. First off, who are you gonna take with you? Now that the gang's all here again, you are bound once again by the "one companion and one pet" rule. Second, did you want to look into your Force studies any further? How about Alchemy? You can always come back to it later, if there is a later. Third....seriously, where is your console? It's not on your wrist! You feel rather naked without it...

>

Comment

• Our demon (forgot his name) hasn't been in action in a while, whatever someone else pulses you to do (adventure-wise), bring ....(fuk still cant remember his name) our demon.

[[I don't want to look for the name I want to remember it..somethin with an S I think...Sh, Sk, Sl...I'll worry about it later.]]

edit: Scythe? I seem to remember it being longer than that. Blackscythe, Demonscythe, DARKSCYTHE! BAM! I knew I would remember. (lol, i hope i'm right or I just made an ass of myself)
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-03-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Seems like you can't learn much about Alchemy here. Find out what you can and head off.

Comment

• > stock up on health and ammo and misc.

Comment

• I feel like building something

>inventory

Comment

• [[Wait for it...]]

Comment

Working...
                                X