X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Arguments In Quake

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
    fuck me... I don't want quad to be getting all moody at me for eternity
    At first there was Quake, and it was good!

And then there were messageboards ...

Many arguements ensued ... moderators thought maybe they could solve the problem by stepping in ...

But alas this only brought more angst to the Quake dimension as it is difficult to know when and where to moderate, and this inconsistency often brought much dissent ...

This eventually led to boards to adopt lax moderation policies where as long as it doesn't get overly abusive (Chazette comes to mind) ...

I've been in many arguments since Quake started. It's not always pleasant and sometimes it is frustrating, but after enough of them they don't bother you as much.

We have a lax moderation policy, but if it got out of hand (really abusive, etc.) we do something about it, but I know both you and Quad and it would shock me if that happened.

"You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run."
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I love you Baker

Comment

Baker makes posts about everything. He knows that we are arguing about our post count. He wants to get 2000 posts.

Comment

Monster, your posts disturb me to the point of insanity. There. I am insane now. Vhy is it that the truly brilliant are doomed to a life of obscurity, surrounded by a sea of mediocrity, only to end up covered in sores in a pool of their own filth? Oh vell, the beat goes on.
        Your story has become tiresome, Now is the time on Sprockets vhen ve dance

Comment

<.<
          >.>
          where is everyone?

I think Quad and I bickering has turned people off the forum. Thanks a lot Quakraptor_TU and Canadian*Sniper! You guys are fucktards! Destroying forums and all! Put your heads down in shame...

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
            I think Quad and I bickering has turned people off the forum.
            Hehehe, Wednesdays have always been the slowest day at the forums, captain!

I know why too, but I'm not gonna say, hehe
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Cause Wedsnday is hump day?

Comment

Chazette?

Reminds me of the infamous Chazz who partook the I3D forums, to the extent of... most of us just not reading them while he was around...
                Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                  Chazette?

Reminds me of the infamous Chazz who partook the I3D forums, to the extent of... most of us just not reading them while he was around...
                  I couldn't tell you. I tried searching for that member in the I3D forums and found nothing. I think it is very unlikely that they were the same person. Although Chaz had programming skills, as far I could tell, he seemed to know little about his Quake config so I would be surprised if he worked on any development projects.

He started out ok and was funny to read his stuff. He often would say something others wanted to say but didn't have the guts to do, I always that thought that was useful.

Plus his funny wit added some fun to your typical Quake arguments, you could find him verbally sparring in threads and it was really funny.

He also contributed a lot of interesting topics, but towards the end he started harassing certain forum members non-stop, polluting every single thread and then drifted into very uncool personal attacks.

The head admin of that particular forum was mental or something and enjoyed reading the stuff and basically encouraged/protected Chaz, despite severe concerns of other admins of the same board.

Eventually, the mentally unstable admin guy threw a fit, screwed over Ben and Diazoild and sabotaged the site one day in a fit of rage.

Chaz had managed to previously get himself banned at Quakeboard for making what I understand to be a racist comment, Quakeboard acted as a temporary home for the forum of those players and then when Ben and Diazoild quickly started Singed, Chaz was allow to join but quickly reverted to his old behavior and Ben/Diazoild kicked him out/banned him.

All this stuff happened less than a year ago. It was an exciting and interesting time.

Comment

Sounds like the Chazz we once knew.

Also from what I understand, the I3D forums were wiped (take note that General Discussion only goes back to 2004, and it says I registered at in 2005) and thus are not indicative of I3D's history. It is actually one of the oldest Quake sites out there, and a still functional one (if not the oldest functional one) and I had posted on the forums there on ocassion many times years ago, though back in that day I did most of my hanging out in the AI Cafe forums.
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

That's why I left the forums for a few days. I didn't want to have a repeat of those days when Chaz ruled TLTQ, and a few of us were so annoyed that we tried to fight against him.

I was going to mention his name but I was afraid someone might have gotten pissed if I brought him up.

Comment

Comment

Suck it Trebek.
                          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Working...
                          X