Something for you all to get a laugh out of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for you all to get a laugh out of

Ok before any of this chat will make sense.
    I've been friends with this guy for about 10yrs now. Was awesome, however each year he became more and more into his games, and with that became so competitive that he became a downright asshole. During the Gears of War 3 Beta, the term asshole just didn't cut it anymore. First game we played, he did a accidental "kill steal" as we were both firing on the same target, whatever don't care (it's a game). The next game, I stole 2 of his both due to same issue. One was we were both firing at same target, I killed the guy as I kept firing when he got downed. The next was I was Retro Lancer Charging a different target and I clipped a guy he downed - resulting in me killing. Oops. Now I can say basically all of you here would say "whatever" and some may say something semi-trash talking. Not him though, when in lobby he ranted for about 5 minutes. Belittled me, talked crudely about my "skills" ect ect. When I brought up his stolen kill - I owed it to him as I stole kills in a previous game (Gears 2). Yep. Well last night same thing happened, first match we played he stole a kill. I pointed it out, he said I owed it to him. Meh ok. So later I did a purpose kill steal. There was another that happened which was accidental (fired a sawed off downing another target, killing the one he downed). However on to our MSN conversation. Get ready for some LOL's (I am Greg btw)

Skeletor says:
    You are a little man.
    I am a fucking legend.
    I am a God among men.
    Nobody idolizes you.
    Nor ever will.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    lol yes... I want people to idolize my gaming skills

Skeletor says:
    You might if you had any.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    sorry my 2 daughters look up to me. That's more important and any piece of plastic with a motherboard

Skeletor says:
    It's too bad, really.
    You had potential, once.
    You could have made something of your life.
    You could have been great.
    But you gave up on that dream.
    I don't give up.
    I never quit.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    haven't gave up on any of my dreams
    just my dreams relate to occupation and being the best father I can be
    not be good at games
    Hardware and games phase out, lives dont

Skeletor says:
    That's not what you used to be.
    You're watered-down, now.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    no I grew up. Relized what's important in life

Skeletor says:
    Diluted form of what you once were.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    a keyboard/mouse/controller are secondary

Skeletor says:
    That's funny coming from the guy who collected moire computer components than anyone else I ever knew.
    Including me.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    hence why I said I grew up
    as having that meant what?
    OMG I HAVE A COLLECTION
    woot
    yay?
    *pats self on back*

Skeletor says:
    Don't pretend you're any less of a nerd than me.
    Because you're not.
    Just a lesser gamer.
    And not an afficionado.
    I always went for quality over quantity.
    That's the difference between us.
    You collected more.
    I just got what was better.
    Still do.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    never said I'm less than a nerd.
    I'm simply stating that those components are a secondary part of my life. Still love them, yes. Still play the classics on PC. However being the "Best" modeller for Quake or being the best at Frag's means nothing to me now. It's entertainment. Something to wind down with at the end of the day.

Skeletor says:
    And I'm the opposite.
    Gaming never 'winds me down'.
    It gets me going.
    And everything I do for a living is secondary.
    Exists only to fuel my gaming habit.
    And perpetuate it.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    congrats you're the opposite. So don't belittle people for not having the same life as you.

Skeletor says:
    And increase it.
    I don't.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    ummm
    read this conversation

Skeletor says:
    I belittle people for being condescending and disrespectful of my chosen life.
    And dragging me down in it.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    no I belittled you as you were treating me like shit over a simple "stolen kill".
    and since I don't have the equal outlook on the game, you acted like a asshole towards me.

Skeletor says:
    That's because you stole my kill deliberately.
    With full knowledge of what you were doing.
    It wasn't an accident.
    And that's not something you do to a friend.
    Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    and the one you did at the start of the first match?

Skeletor says:
    Was to get back for the kills you stole from me the last time we played together.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    oh yeah "owed" for a game that happened over a week ago

Skeletor says:
    Still stolen.

Greg ☠ OoPpEe says:
    still a ass
    bye bye
    *clicks block*

Both of you seem pretty retarded and no more than twelve years old.

You definitely seem more retarded because you got trolled hard and then you made a thread going all like "Hurr oh he's such a douche laugh at him durr" hoping that someone will sympathize with you. Well done.

Comment

can't really "troll" someone who doesn't care for the subject. It is however fun to feed them to see how long they keep going. And watch, I'll get a reply from you

Comment

I see this as people who take gaming way to serious, usually people who have no life, possibly live in their grandma's basement and leech off everyone else to feed their temporary addictions. I use to be better at Quake 1 and quite a few other games, but I got married and had a daughter. These are a few things I wanted to do and experience before I die, not be the best Quaker/BLOPs/GOW3BETA player etc alive.

I'd be more worried about the person trying to steal my car, cellphone, TV etc, not a virtual representation of something that will never happen.

Those are more important to me then a number in a computer. The games will always be there and don't care if you neglect them and don't look to you as who t hey should be when they grow up.

Typical POS gamer and they don't improve the game with their "skills" they probably ruin and hurt more relationships with real humans then they realize with their "virtual ego" growing with every button press.

that's just one thing that irritates me about some online players. simply because you choose to put REAL things before games/toys/whatever and they probably haven't had even the responsibility of paying rent, they place themselves in a world thats more about their pretend self. They glorify the avatar in the game and really think its them and they are the badass.

To me, being abadass isn't about how hardcore you are at a game or what you drive. Being a badass is about how many people you can influence in your life, how many kids you can raise to become respectable adults and how you can walk a straight line IN LIFE without letting other people drag you down.

I know people personally who are like this and its pretty sad (both young and old) knowing that they're destined to be the 35yr old loser still living in their parent's house.

I'm not ashamed of not being good at games because I have a wife and a daughter, I'm glad I didn't end up like most the losers I encounter (some even on this age old game!). I have a beautiful wife and a intellectually advanced beautiful daughter, assholes need to shutup and just play their game. So in my eyes and to a lot of other people who live in the real world I'm winning (No charlie Sheen pun intended FU! hehe)

Real men and women take care of their business. Not their frag streak.
        Last edited by Phenom; 05-14-2011, 06:00 PM.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Couldn't of said it better. The funny things, some of the stuff you mentioned he's guilty of:
          He's heading on 29
          He's living in a basement suite with his brother
          His "girlfriend" is about 2000km away in BC (him/I are in Saskatchewan)
          He's basically never quit a job, but got fired. IGA - he got fired for falling asleep on the job after a all night gaming fest. Fired from Staples for constantly doing no shows or showing up late due to missing his bus because he was playing "that extra round".

Comment

Sounds like he's headed to a bright future in the world of COGS & locusts

He makes Marcus Fenix proud! who knows, maybe one day when he grows up he'll be hidiously disfigured just like his hero! hehehe *Alien Steroids anyone?*
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Glad to see Family ranks # 1 and gaming second OoPpEe.
              +1 and kudos. I have a family life and I love it. Gaming provides an escape sometimes from the pressure and I could care less if I get hammered online sometimes.
              "It" happens! LOL

Comment

Video games are important. What???? Yes it is true. Don't prejudge this .... read on.

Real life consists of what we have to do. Even if your real-life is super-exciting, there is a human yearning to be something more. And in fact, for just about everyone a universal truth is that in real-life you do not get properly challenged to the max.

This is where the human preoccupation with media lives. Movies, books, video games ... most of them are fantastic places with fantastic importance.

Someone who is preoccupied with video games isn't experiencing something "wrong", it is a reaction to either real-life stress or a lack of fulfillment. Sometimes an escape.

I think people are quick to throw stones. If I understood things less than I did, I'd throw stones about this too. I barely play any video games, although I would like to play Quake more, but can't do it in good conscience while there are "things that need to be done to help this game have its rightful place".

We haven't been given an active imagination to not use it. It is there for a reason.

Some people will find that satisfaction in being competitive in video games, and there isn't a thing wrong with it. Provided the guy isn't Albert Einstein II who should be making us warp drives instead of playing video games.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Not going to argue that, I am stating the intensity it has with him. I'd be insane without Videogames - I'm a stay at home dad with 2 girls - I need my outlet lol.
                  It's his whole:
                  "I am a fucking legend.
                  I am a God among men."
                  "And everything I do for a living is secondary.
                  And perpetuate it."

When one goes to the extent he did over a simple "stolen kill". There's some issue. In a nutshell, he threw away a 10yr friendship over that. There within is where the issue lies. He's suffering from the same things that some WoW players do, too absorbed into a game they completely lose reality and they suffer in the end from it. My above reply states some examples of how his gaming has hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                    [When he says ...]

"I am a fucking legend.
                    I am a God among men."
                    "And everything I do for a living is secondary.
                    And perpetuate it."
                    He's no doubt proud of his videogamemanship.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Roll eyes, move on ...

In the stack of human flaws and on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say his behavior on the annoyance scale is a 2 on a scale of 10.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Sounds like a mini-vibe He surely might be decent at whatever game he's playing,but I promise if he shows up to Q1CA, he's surely to be eaten alive by us FN SHARKS.

I'ma FN SHARK BRAH !!!
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Fuck, all these cheeze-it's im eating are burnt and taste like shit.

Guy's a dick, but I've seen worse than him, You should keep playing with him and mute him, It's funny when people who flip out over these things bitch at you forever without knowing you haven't heard a word. They get so pissed.

Comment

or when he starts crying, TK him. That's surely to cause a ruckus worth being a fly on the wall for
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It'll be alright. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                              It'll be alright. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.
                              You probably mean 180 degrees 360 degrees is a full circle and you'd be facing the same direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X