seeing how Megaupload is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing how Megaupload is gone

can someone give us some new links for files that have been uploaded (like Teamfortress because that's been on mega and that's the only link)
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

How about torrents?

Comment

http://www.quaketastic.com/

problem solved
      google for the password
      Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

Hello monster,

I know that you are right, but I always have a guilty conscience when I upload things there.
        Imagine if everybody would use it for everything. The arrangement would get lost.
        Many people might upload in the wrong subdirectories or other stuff.
        The webspace there is not for free for the hoster too.
        So I personaly use it only for "final" things and pay attention where to upload it.

But on the other side, we dont have anything comparable.
        You are correct.
        I only worry if everybody uses it, it might quickly become a new "rapidshare".
        The original intention of this side (after "The good old shub hub") was to give the Quake community exactly the possibility to do just this, yes.
        I only hope that it will not be misused.
        Until today I never saw the admin deleting files from there.

Sorry for this post.
        I just wanted to mention my thoughts.
        Seven

Comment

Just realized Master Iggy is a spammer that has been unnoticed for about a year. Go figure.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Dropbox - Simplify your life

New site you can upload just like megaupload!

Comment

mediafire, zippyshare, rapidshare, buckshare, filesonic, to name just a few.

theres tons more sites just like megaupload, its not like as if they really made any impact,
              by shutting down one uploading site, while theres tons of them

btw torrents sounds like a good idea too to me, cuz it makes files be infinitely available as long as at least one person keeps seeding them, and they wont become unavailable like with most uploading sites.
              if more people vote for that ill gladly keep seeding some files infinitely

i got tons of files for darkplaces myself, ill gladly turn some of em into torrents and seed them
              Last edited by talisa; 01-23-2012, 03:16 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                ...as long as at least one person keeps seeding them, and they wont become unavailable...
                that is exactly the primary downside of torrents. i'm a major user of torrents. but you have to be fairly quick about getting them. and you can basically forget getting anything 20 years or older.
                "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                  mediafire, zippyshare, rapidshare, buckshare, filesonic, to name just a few.

theres tons more sites just like megaupload, its not like as if they really made any impact,
                  by shutting down one uploading site, while theres tons of them
                  I agree with you. They didn't really make a big impact. It's good to know that there will always be many uploading/downloading sites available. Sharing files allows people to open their minds. People are more willing to explore new things.
                  "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Working...
                  X